Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created account with Facebook

Created account with Facebook

Hello,

I created my spotify account with facebook, but now I want to be able to use my Spotify account without actually signing in to facebook. Is ther anyway to do this? thanks! 

4 Replies

Hi, anyone got the answer to that?!

i have the same problem!! Can't get any username/password after registered with facebook? i don't want to loggin with my facebook account anymore...

Thanks for help

Hey guys! 

There are really two "prongs" to this question, so I will try and answer both for you. 

- If you just want a Spotify login, so you can authenticate without Facebook (but your account will still be linked), then you can set a special device password from your online profile and then use that and your numerical username to log into Spotify. Be aware in doing this, your account will still be linked to your Facebook and there is no way to remove that link since the account was created using Facebook. 

- If you want to completely separate your Spotify from Facebook, unfortunately you will need a new account. See this tutorial for all of the details on how to do that. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok thank you. Numerical username worked for me, but, can't we modify that for an easier username? 

Unfortunately not, Spotify usernames are permanent and can't be changed. (That number is essentially the Spotify username for your account that gets created automatically in the Spotify back end when a Facebook-Spotify account is created).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts