Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer Service

Solved!

Customer Service

I find it ridiculous that I'm paying a monthly subscription and spotify doesn't have a customer support line. I have Spotify premium and when I logged in on my phone just now I'm told I need spotify premium to stream content. I have more than sufficient funds on my card and was using spotify premium no more than a few days ago. I'm paying money for this and I don't want to wait for a solution online. I want to be able to talk to a human and have this problem fixed immediately.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Msdakara

You can contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

111 Replies

Spotify don't have telephone support for several reasons, of which I'll detail if you so wish.

What type of device is it? Does it say you're premium on your subscription overview? If so, then please try and reinstall the app (and/or login and out). 

If not, confirm whether or not you've been charged - if you have, check to see if you're using the correct account. If you are, contact Spotify customer services using the online Support Form. If not, check the correct account (Facebook and Spotify accounts can be different).

Liam

I am a premium Spotify user and one day I went to open my spotify on my phone and my account was gone as well as all of my playlists....3 YEARS WORTH OF MUSIC. I followed the directions according to Spotify to try to recover. I visited the community forum, the Help Support, and filled THREE customer service contact forms ALL OF WHICH came back to me with the same stupid generic message to either look into the same places I already did, send in the form I already filled out 3x and I am seriously DONE WITH SPOTIFY! Not to mention you guys had the NERVE to still charge me for a month that I cannot even use the music for! I need someone to address this matter urgently as a good bit of the music that is on my spotify was used for my profession and as well my upcoming wedding (should have never trusted that) but I did and now I'm pissed. Please send somene who I can actually SPEAK WITH BY PHONE or connect to and not another idiotic computer generated email or I am calling the bank to get my money back and shutting this account down for good. Three years of payments and loyal usage wasted...Please Spotify do SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Hi,

I have found your case (1172841) and can see the problem.  Your playlists are still intact and can be recovered - could you please log out of the Spotify app and send me a private message once you have logged out?  I will then recover your main account for you.  Logging back in before I recover the account will simply cause the problem to happen again.

Hello Spotify Team,

I have been a Premium subscriber now for 3 years and though I have enjoyed your services, I am making a few changes in budgeting expenses and have switched to Unlimited instead. I switched over thinking it would start charging the 4.99 instead of 10.00 imediately... instead you guys charged me 10.00 for this month and said it wouldn't start charging the Unlimited rate untill April. I would like a reimbersment for this month because I do not at all think it is fare that I should be charged for Premium when I am only getting Unlimited service. Very poor business to only allow the subscription change the following month. Hope this can be resolved. You guys have done great so far. I wouldn't want to become so frusterated that I cancel completely. Please someone help. 

If you where billed for Premium and your unlimited switch is set for April, you should remain on Premium until your next bill date at which time your account will drop to unlimited.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter! I thought it had dropped to Unlimited. Now I see it is still on Premium. Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am user westerncem and cannot log in on my Iphone.

When try to log in it fails and window COULD NOT LOG IN : ERROR 408 shows.

What is the problem ?????

Kroken1952

Error 408 means you are trying to use a Spotify free account outside of its registered country for more than 14 days:
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Using-Spotify-abroad-error-408

Peter

Thanks reply however I do have changed country and I do have subscribed on one month free premium but still code 408 shows up and no log in allowed.

Pls advise.

Is your account showing as premium here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

I have been having the same issue! The payment is linked to my boyfriendds card and twice it has overdrafted him.. Today i finally switched the payment info to my bank and it said the account on my phone was the free version. If this is true... why has the card been getting charged monthly? I want it fixed now but dont know how!

@Hailey2323 It's probably best to get in touch here and the account guys will help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Hi - Me and my wife have Spotify for a long time now (her email Rhonch@gmail.com). We both have the same problem. We pay every month 9.99 Euro each for our Spotify premium account and now spotify does not recognize us as premium users ( we plaid last time today - it is going out from our bank account automatically). Now we can not use Spotify off line and/ or do all the things that a premium customer can, although we paid. We are using Spotify daily and really need your help regarding this. You can also contact me on rhonch@gmail.com. Sorry I am writing in English, it is easier and faster for me.. Thank you and hoping to hear from you very soon ! All the best, Gal Nyska and Rhona Brosch

Hi Gal,

Thanks for your email.  I have found your case (01399726) and it will be dealt with the correct team soon.  The problem seems to be that your Sofort payment has been paused - and this has stopped your Premium.  The team will tell you how to correct this.

I need to talk to someone! I have submitted two requests now to have my money refunded and no one has replied. I have spotify free and I have been charged for premium two months in a row. HOW DO I CONTACT SOMEONE?!?!

@bridgettesavino - Could you let us know the 8-digit case number from when you got in touch? It is in the subject line of the automated email reply.

Peter

Spotify has taken more money from me, than what it should take. Why?

@Wugelius - Have you been billed twice (two transactions on your credit/debit card) or is the bill just slightly more than you expected?

Be aware, Spotify are required to charge sales tax in some places in the USA, so if you are a USA customer, your subscription may include tax.

Peter

It has billed me little bit over two times, when I watch the price. It has taken 24 euros, instead of 10 euros. first time that this happends to me. I'm not from the us, I live in finland.

Suggested posts