Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deactivated account

Deactivated account

I deactivated my facebook account (there's a few days before it is deleted forever). I asked spotify to delete my spotify account too because I could not use it without facebook. They told me they did. i created a new account with spotify with a different e-mail. I am following someone who followed my old account, and I can still see my old profile on their follow list. It's my user number with no profile picture. Also, when I go to her playlists, she is still following my old playlists and I can click on them and my name comes up, along with all the songs I had on them. I would like all this to be deleted (user number, playlists, account). I would prefer no one that followed me sees my profile or playlists, even if they were following them. How can I resolve this?

1 Reply

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. It is worth being aware that when you remove your Spotify account, Spotify will remove your personal information but that does not include anything which was already public. Deleting your account normally will not remove your profile page or playlists from the Spotify system as they are "public" information (see section 6 of the Spotify terms for details). 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts