Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Duplicate Account

Delete Duplicate Account

Hi,

I have had an account on Spotify for a while. Somehow the linkage between Spotify and Facebook has broken though. I re-added the app to my facebook account last week, only to find that it created a new, completely separate account for me, which I do not want, and now I am unable to log into.

Please could someone contact me regarding this?

Many Thanks.

23 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

Please check out my instructions for dealing with duplicate accounts in the thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

In your case, you'll just need to sign in with your original 'al090187' username and connect that to Facebook. Let me know how you get on.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thank you,

Yes, I have done this already. However, can you delete the "new" account please? The email details on my old account need updating, but I cannot update them because the email address has been used for the "new" account I didn't want.

Thanks.

Hi AL090187

Since your new account is linked to a separate address, I'll need that email in order to locate it.

If you're not comfortable posting it here you can fill out our contact form. We can then take care of that for you. 

I´m having this similar problem. I have tried now just about everything but i cant get spotify and facebook to work on my ipad. If i use Facebook Login it goes to this some trial account witch has appeared from somewhere. I cant even figure out where it came from.. If i log in with spotify account information the spotify works well and has all my playlists etc.. But when i press "connect with facebook" whole app crashes, of it says "there was an error connecting to facebook" Problem appeared when i stopped posting my music to the facebook for a while and now im trying to get it to work again. This is really annoying. Could you help me please. reg M

same here. 

you are not all alone!

I need help too! All of my playlists are gone and I have no clue what my spotify username and password is!!

Hello,

I accidently made a new account. All my playlists and followers/following are on the old one account. Is there any possibility I can get the new account deleted/deactivated and get back to my old account?

I only have Spotify Free at the moment.

I hope you can help me

Regards Jeffrey

@user-removed - What your original account one with a Spotify username or was it created via Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

my first account was link'd to facebook. i have removed the spoitfy app from facebook by mistake. when i tried to logg in via spotify i had to either logg in with facebook or logg in with a spotify account. so now i have a new profile. i've seen another person posted a thread with same problem. you have assisted him to contact spotify team and i think i will do the same. thanx.

Hey,

I have the same problem. Disconnected Facebook from Spotify, was forced to log in into spotify again and spotify created a new account without premium and playlists. I presume that both accounts were created with a facebook login, so sadly your instructions won't help in my case. Please make my premium account work again since the direct support was'nt encouraged enough to help me...

@user-removed - How did you disconnect from Facebook exactly? From inside the Spotify app or from Facebook settings?

Peter

@Peter :

I've deleted the Spotify App on Facebook via Facebook settings...

@user-removed - Ah nasty, support will need to lend a hand. Have you heard back from them at all?

Peter

@Peter wrote:
@user-removed - Ah nasty, support will need to lend a hand. Have you heard back from them at all?

Yes...3 out of 4 times they've sent me these automatically generated messages... 

@user-removed - Just reply directly to the automated email and that will bump you case.

If you also post your latest 8-digit case number I will see what I can do.

Peter

Here the case number: 01935268

Hopefully you can help me...

Why do you have to add all your music to a playlist inorder for all my music to not skip.?

@user-removed - I've asked someone to check that out for you.

@marissaromero - You shouldn't need to. Which device/app are you using?

Peter

Hey @user-removed did you reply back to the automated email you received with that case number? If you haven't done that please go ahead and do so--someone from the team will get back to you shortly. 

Suggested posts