Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
BrettVeen

Delete Facebook Account, But Keep Spotify

Having Spotify so tightly linked to a Facebook account is a pain my ass. All I want is to be able to permanently delete my Facebook account but still be able to use Spotify... How do I do this?

Peter
Kudos: 11,626
Solutions: 3,215

Re: Delete Facebook Account, But Keep Spotify

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook then there is no way to seperate your accounts. If you want to remove Facebook, you need to create a new account using your email address (non-Facebook) from the signup page

If you have a subscription or playlists that you would like transfered from one account to another, just drop the customer services team an email using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Jessicam

I have the same problem. I've deleted a FB account and now I can't use my Spotify account anymore. 

It's an option to create a new account, but here's the question: is it possible to the paid for services from one account to another- that is not connected to f**cking FB? 

Thanks. 

Music Lover
BrettVeen

I have created another account with just an email address (by the way, you can't use the same email address you use with Facebook, which is **bleep**ing **bleep**). I have used the online contact form to request getting by subscription and playlist data transferred but they interpretted "transfer" some how as "delete". This is **bleep**ing ridiculous. Who's **bleep**ing idea was it to require Facebook to use Spotify? That **bleep**tard need to be fired.

Music Fan
imart12

I had the same problem. Except I hadn't seen this post before and I have already deleted my facebook account. I can no longer log in to my old spotify account because my facebook account is deleted. I've set up another premium account I now use, but I am still paying for premium on my old one. Can the services team delete this account? PLEASE? PLEASE?

Peter
Kudos: 11,626
Solutions: 3,215

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that done for you @imart12 .

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.