Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted facebook account, can't login anymore to cancel subscription

Solved!

Deleted facebook account, can't login anymore to cancel subscription

Hi,

I recently deleted my facebook account and totally forgot that my spotify premium account is bound to it. Now I can't login any longer with said old account, which makes sense. How do I cancel or transfer my subscription over to the new account? I already wrote to the spotify support, but only a automated message came back. I responded to that no-reply message as suggested somewhere in this forum, but nobody contacted me yet...

What am I supposed to do?

61 Replies

@user-removed - Get in touch using the link Joe posted above and the accounts team will remove your old account first to free up the address.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Did you fix it? I have the same problem.

Hey @Jb141171

Welcome to the Spotify community and many congrats on your first community post. 🙂

On to the matters at hand....If your account was created through a link to Facebook you would require an active Facebook account to use it. If you were to delete your Facebook account, this would 'break' the Spotify account too.

No fear though, if you reach out to our contact form above, one of our dedicated team would love to help out and will explain the process for you.

Of course if you have any questions, please do get back in touch. We'll be here to help 🙂

I am having the same issue as the OP. I have deleted my Facebook account and can't log in to cancel my subscription that I am still being billed for. My Case #: 01979177   

Would be nice to have my playlists transfered to my new account at calebelks @ gmail. com

Thanks for that case # @Caleb27

I'll get one of trusty accounts teams on to things! Shout our way if you need anything else at all 🙂

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I have the same problem as everyone else here. My Facebook account was deleted and now I don't have access to my premium Spotify account, which by the way I swear I thought I cancelled it. I found out when my bank account was charged that it wasn't cancel and now I can't even listen to the service I paid for. My Case #: 02128411

@IngloriousTV - If you could reply directly to the email that contains your case number (even if it is from no-reply) that will ensure it gets to the hands of an adviser asap.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello!

I thought I'd ask for help through this thread since this seems to be the only one that has even something to do with the problems I'm having with Spotify.

My problem seems to be that I have two Spotify subscriptions or "accounts" through the same Facebook and email account. However I only seem to be able to login to the "wrong" account which does not have my Premium purchase. I have tried changing my Facebook and my Spotify passwords and I have even tried logging in with the account/ order number which in some cases has worked for others but not for me. I have also sent several messages to Spotify and answered to the no-reply's that I have gotten and I still remain without an answer to this problem. I keep getting charged for Premium even though I have no way of accessing it.

Could someone please answer me and fix this problem?

My case number is # 02168571.

Hello: @SnibediSnap

I have escalated you case# so hopefully someone will be with you soon.

I have the same issue, deleted my Facebook account and can't login to my spotify account because it was connected with Facebook. I already made a new account with a new email adres but now I don't have the premium account I used to have. I already send an email with case number 02174686 but had an automatic response. Can somebody help me? The only thing that needs to be done is to get my premium account back on my new spotify account instead of my old Facebook account.

Hello: @Welterpstra

I have escalated you case# hopefully someone will get back to soon.

Hi there @LucianTenebrae!

Just as I started whining about no response, I just got an answer and the problem is fixed now! Thanks anyways 🙂

Hey @Welterpstra,

You should get an email from our support team very soon, keep an eye on your inbox.

Hi!
Sadly this is my first post and it´s with this problem...
The fb profile has been canceled and didn´t remember about spotify until it´s late..

I had playlist and premium account and want to continue them in a non FB user, just normal user (email).

My case is #02405640

Hope this helps..

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my english.

¡Hola @unpocodeinfo!

No te preocupes, te vamos a ayudar. He asignado tu caso a uno de nuestros agentes, así que recibirás soporte en español a lo largo del día de hoy.

Para cualquier otra pregunta, no dudes en escribirnos. ¡Saludos! 🙂

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hello Spotify Team,
I have the same problem, can't login to my account.
My Facebook link has been canceled and when I try to "log in with Facebook" Spotify linked with a new different account. Therefore I can't reset my password on Facebook... I would like to firstly reset my password and then migrate the premium account and playlists WITHOUT Facebook my new account!

Spotify Case # 02444357

Type of user: Premium
Username: 11122812918

Thanks in advance,

Can

@dcy 

I have forwarded your post and case number to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!  I am having the same problem!!!  How can I get this fixed as well?  I deleted my old facebook account, and now I can no longer log in to Spotify.  I would like ownership of my playlists back.  Also, I don't want spotify connected to my facebook at all — I want to have an email and password login only.  Please help!  Thank you!

@k8horowitz 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

For the Facebook login box, make sure to include the email address that was linked to the account you deleted

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HI Adam,

I also deleted my facebook account and forgot about the spotify account, now I pay the monthly fee of the premium account and  I really want to cancel the subscribtion. the referenece number I got in an email is # 02631087 or

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0sSdhP:ref. I hope you can help me.

Thank you,

Lena

Suggested posts