Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook

Solved!

Disconnect from Facebook

Hi, 

I want to deactivate my Facebook account, but keep Spotify Premium. I've already paid and the two are linked. How can I convert my Spotify subscription over to a stand-alone subscription and get rid of my Facebook?

Thank you.

68 Replies

@UnravelTheFlesh Does the first part of this FAQ help? You won't see the option if your account was created with Facebook though.

It can be done -- but only by Spotify advanced technical support. I created my Spotify account using Facebook credentials from the get go. I started running into authentication problems on all my mobile devices that just wouldn't resolve. Spotify finally disconnected the accounts. Now I have big numeric username, but my problems are gone.  I hope that Spotify provides a way in the UI for users to break away.

@lesterw wrote:

It can be done -- but only by Spotify advanced technical support. I created my Spotify account using Facebook credentials from the get go. I started running into authentication problems on all my mobile devices that just wouldn't resolve. Spotify finally disconnected the accounts. Now I have big numeric username, but my problems are gone.  I hope that Spotify provides a way in the UI for users to break away.

Unfortunately, we asked, they said no.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

where is the edit button at?

This FAQshows how to disconnect from facebook. If your account was originally created wth a facebook login, the option doesn't appear and you need to create a new account. The support guys can help with this.

There is also a DIY disconnect from Facebook tutorial here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

Hi,

I too would like to release myself from the Facebook association...Whilst reading though the different methods used to remove the Spotify-Facebook connection I followed a method that directs you to open your Spotify App and go to EDIT then Preferences, then ”Social Networks" to remove the link to Facebook…Great I thought ……However I don’t have a title or header titled “Social networks”  anywhere that I can see. ])  

Am I looking in the wrong place or App? As I cannot fiend in either the windows App or the Web player a reference to “Social Networks”.

Happy to be told where to go if it is staring at me in the face.

Thanks

PabloMez

@user-removed - Check out my tutorial in the link in the post above yours. If your account was created using Facebook, there is no way to disconnect that account I'm afraid.

Peter

I want to disconnect my Spotify account from Facebook and create a new Spotify account but I want to keep my playlists etc that are associated with my FB account. Can that be done?

Hi

I would love to unlink my facebook account but keep the playlists and login email address of my spotify account that I created through facebook. Can you unlink facebook from my account so I can use my email to do spotify log in? 

Or is it possible if you delete my entire account and still let me sign up with the same email address again? I would love to keep sign up a new (spotify, not via facebook) account with my same email after my spotify account is deleted. 

Thank you very much. If this is solved I would be considering to upgrade my account!

Please let me know !!  Here is my case number it would be great if you could speed up the process for me!   Spotify Case # 01509781

I know that I can create a new account but my email is unavaiable because it's the same that I use on facebook. So I need to delete this account or unlink it. Than I would be able to create a new one, with my email.

Please let me know !!  Here is my case number it would be great if you could speed up the process for me!   Spotify Case # 01509781

Thanks!

As long as you reply to the automated email (with the case number in it) someone will get back to you as soon as possible!

Peter

Ok, thanks.

I done this. So, waiting now.

@matoli1990 As you have already contac ted support, let them help. Make sure you reply to the automated email to make sure your case reaches a consultant.

I "signed up" with Spotify quite some time ago but never really looked at it much. Now I am looking into is as an alternative to Pandora (since they raised their prices and do not have a dedicated player for free accounts). Unfortionately, I signed up with Spotify using my Facebook account and I am now trying to seperate third party apps like Spotify from Facebook. I find it astoundingly short-sighted and arrogant of Spotify that they refuse to allow a user to seperate their EXISTING account from a Facebook account login unless the user creates a new, seperate account. Do they really believe that people will never change their mind or that people are simply willing to trash a perfectly good account and create a new account with a service simply because the service can't be bothered to allow them to continue using the same account? Granted, this gives the service a means of inflating their user numbers but is that really worth pissing customers off over?

I did ask for a way to be able to do this in the past:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-a-way-to-transfer-from-a-Spotify-account-cre...

However, the general reply was that it isn't implementable as it is a general restriction of the Spotify design that they can't change usernames of accounts. It is easy to get set up on a new account if you want though (and they will delete the old one), in fact the support team can do most of the hard work for you. 

Peter

But am I able to continue using my current user name/email address? That's the rub.

You'll be able to use the same email address, and they will copy your playlists over for you. Unfortunately they can't move followers or payments though.

Peter

What about the user name?

You will have a numerical username if your account was created via Facebook, why would you want to keep it?

Unfortunately the answer is no, usernames can't be re-used.

Peter

Suggested posts