Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook

Solved!

Disconnect from Facebook

Hi, 

I want to deactivate my Facebook account, but keep Spotify Premium. I've already paid and the two are linked. How can I convert my Spotify subscription over to a stand-alone subscription and get rid of my Facebook?

Thank you.

68 Replies

Why would I want to keep it? Because even though I want to disconnect my third party accounts from Facebook doesn't mean I want to change my "identity". My user name is my online "identity" so that people who know me can find me via that identity. Unfortionately, we all know that Facebook is becoming more and more cancer like and is continually making it more difficult to control what informaiton users share. It makes sense for users to break third party apps away from FB so that they can better control what information is being shared. That being the case, why wouldn't I want to keep my user name? This is the short-sightedness to which I refer.

User information is kept in a database of some sort. Information in a database can be edited. From the perspective of the database and the data contained within, there is no reason why a user name can not be retained while changing the rest of the user account information, such as log-in method (email vs FB). The idea that this is not doable is simply wrong. Now, maybe the folks at Spotify didn't design the database in such a way as to make that easy for the average tech support person to accomplish, and they may have designed the database structure and relationships in such a way as to actively discourage the ability to do so (or worse, they deliberatly designed the database poorly and making such a change would have negative consequences due to their lack of foresight in designing the database structure/relationships), but to say that it can't be done...? That's like someone welding the lugnuts onto the wheel lugs to make sure they don't fall off, then claiming that it's not possible to ever change the tire. The fact is that they would be wrong; it would still be possible to change the tire even though the person responsible deliberatly created a situation which makes it more difficult than need be accomplish the task.

As Peter said, your spotify username is a 10 digit number - check it out on your account overview. The name displayed on facebook-linked accounts is the facebook name. When you create a new account, you can choose whatever username you like as long as it hasn't already been used and only contains alphanumeric characters - no spaces or punctuation marks.

hi,I have revoking license to share i nfacebook,they say I can share,but then I can´t seei it posted,how can I go back?thank you

@mary3566 - Did you re-enable the settings in your Facebook Settings > Apps > Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The easiest way is to reactivate your facebook long enough to access spotify. Once reconected you can log on to spotify.com (not the app) and create a password for your account. Then you can log out of spotify and relog in ob your device using your username and passwod instead of the "log on with facebook" option. After that you can re-deactivate facebook and your account will remain the same all your playlists will be saved. It worked for me.

"The easiest way is to *reactivate* your Facebook..."
It was never deactivated.

I cant play Halsey's room 93 ep but it's somehow saved in my music.Anyone could help?

Untitled.png

@user-removed

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Quick, simple, to the point. Best of all, ACCURATE! Thank you!

Suggested posts