Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
ebenwilson
Accepted Solution

Disconnect from Facebook

Hi, 

I want to deactivate my Facebook account, but keep Spotify Premium. I've already paid and the two are linked. How can I convert my Spotify subscription over to a stand-alone subscription and get rid of my Facebook?

Thank you.

Community Legend
Stupify

Re: Disconnect from Facebook

[ Edited ]

This is an old thread, and my reply below is no longer true. To sign up without Facebook, go to the sign up page and click "create an account using your email address"! If you signed up using a Facebook account, you must make a new account to be separate from Facebook.

original reply below, no longer true:

An active Facebook account is required to use Spotify.

If you registered before September 22nd 2011, just log in with the username you created during the registration process. If you signed up after then, you are tied to Facebook and can't use Spotify without it.

Music Lover
ebenwilson

I begrudgingly "accept as solution." Thanks for the info.

Community Legend
Stupify

You can give kudos points to this "Idea" if you hate forced Facebook: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/No-more-facebook/idi-p/33811

You can also give a comment that Spotify employees will ignore like they always do when it comes to forcing people on Facebook. Nothing has been done for 7 months, so I'm afraid this is going to be a permanent change. No Facebook, no Spotify.

I chose my username because of this, by the way.

Music Fan
miss_lingard

click 'Edit' then 'preferences' then scroll down to 'social network' then click 'disconnect from facebook' :D

Community Manager
Meredith

missobvious wrote:

click 'Edit' then 'preferences' then scroll down to 'social network' then click 'disconnect from facebook' :D

That option is only availalbe to users that signed up before the integration. These users will have a unique Spotify username and can chose whether or not to connect their account to Facebook. 

If you joined via Facebook you won't see this section in your Preferences page. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Roadie
indiepunktch

I have a premium account, how can I make that the music I listen to does not apear on facebook? Even the PRIVAT SESSION button I can't find anymore... And if I deselect "Spotify Social" it still shares my Music on facebook...

Software Version: 0.8.5.1.333g822e0de8, Mac

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

Peter
Kudos: 12,392
Solutions: 3,401
I'm a Community Rock Star

Hey! :)

There are 2 things. 

Firstly in your Preferences (Spotify > Preferences) do you like the "Share what I listen to on Spotify Social" and "Share what I listen to on Facebook" unticked? This should stop Spotify posting to your Facebook. You can also change the Spotify applications sharing settings from inside Facebook, under the privacy options of your account.

Inside the Spotify client you should be able to activiate a private session by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner and selecting private session from the drop down that appears.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
msto12

Hi,

I did join via facebook and saw this section, then clicked the disconnect from facebook option because I was unaware that you could only do this if you had a spotify account from before the integration. I was immediately logged out, and now I can't log back in, even after following the reinstallation instructions here.

http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/tech/reinstallation-of-spotify-osx/

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Peter
Kudos: 12,392
Solutions: 3,401
I'm a Community Rock Star

msto12 wrote:

Hi,

I did join via facebook and saw this section, then clicked the disconnect from facebook option because I was unaware that you could only do this if you had a spotify account from before the integration. I was immediately logged out, and now I can't log back in, even after following the reinstallation instructions here.

http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/tech/reinstallation-of-spotify-osx/

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

That is strange, you should not have the disconnect from Facebook option unless your account is connected to a Spotify username. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you with this further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.