Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
psychomiko
Accepted Solution

Do not want to pay for spotify premium after free 48 hour trial.

This may be a stupid question, but bear with me.  I recently signed up for spotify and did not realize that there was a free and premium subscription.  I was automatically put on a 48 free trial for premium, but I do not want to start paying for premium when the trial is over.  For those that have more experience with spotify, do I just wait until the free trial is over and then I'll automatically be on the free subscription, or do I need to delete an account or the trial in order to not have to pay anything?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Do not want to pay for spotify premium after free 48 hour trial.

Hey,

Very warm welcome to the community.

This free trial for two days is total free and you not be charged. After this trial your account is again Free and may be with those limitations, but you are free to use it without sending money to Spotify.

However you can subscribe to Unlimited or Premium at any time.

Thank you for using Spotify.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
psychomiko

Thanks dude.  Appreciate the quick response.

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

You're welcome!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
shenequaw86

Im lost! Im going thru the same thing but I actually signed up for the free version on my laptop and it worked fine but then when I signed into my spotify on my mobile it told me I had a 48 trial. Is this trial for the mobile but I will still be able to access it on my laptop or am I to make a third account??
World Tour
Marco

If you sign up for a free Spotify account you have a 48 hours trial for the mobile app.

After this time you can't use the mobile feature anymore but of course keep listening to Spotify free on your desktop.

No need to make a new account, the trial is included in every new free Spotify registration.

Music Fan
angecarter

But how do u listen to the same account on two mobile devices? I don't want to pay for two different premiums.
Peter
Kudos: 12,498
Solutions: 3,433

angecarter wrote:
But how do u listen to the same account on two mobile devices? I don't want to pay for two different premiums.

Hey :) 

You can use your premium login on as many devices as you like, however, you can only have 3 devices with offline stored content at any given time, up to a maximum of 3,333 tracks per device. You can only have 1 active streaming session at any given time to, so if you are listening online on one device and you start listening online on another, your playback will be paused. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
mrandy

Hi there, I'm interested in getting a 3-month premium subscription for my sister for Christmas but I want her to take advantage of the 30-day free trial to make sure she really likes this site (she will be mainly using this on her iPad so I have some concerns that I want to make sure to iron out before she starts). Anyhow, I just wanted to know if her 3-month subscription will start from the date of purchase or AFTER the 30-day free trial is over. If you can help, please let me know. Today is December 24th, 2012 & I would like to purchase her Christmas gift today or tomorrow so she has something to enjoy. She specifically mentioned this website so I'm pretty sure she'll like it. Also, please tell me if I can open an account for her or if she has to do it herself. She knows how to use computers but I'm a little more tech-savvy so I'd like to do it for her just for convenience-sake. Lastly, I hate to ask this late but please respond ASAP because I need to get her set up as soon as I can. Thanks, Andy
Spotify
David

mrandy - Sounds like the best thing to do in your case would be to get her to set up an account, and started on the 30 day trial. Then, after this, you can redeem the code for a 3-month subscription. This will credit the account with an additional 3 months after the 30 day trial.

Although bare in mind that the 30 day trial works on a monthly subscription basis - So after the gift card has finished, the card used to sign up will be charged.

-----
Spotify
Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.