Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Charged!

Double Charged!

I just checked my bank account, and I discovered that I've been double charged for two months in a row. I only have ONE account.
Why is this happening? The two charges equal what I would be paying for the new online service called TIDAL, which has far superior audio quality. This is ridiculous!

13 Replies

Hey @freedoms-5  and welcome to the community!

I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you Carina.

I'd already sent them a message, but I posted my problem here.

What's interesting to me is the number of people who've complained about this.

Simply by searching "double charged," or "double billing," this seems to be a rather common thing.

In fact, the response I got from support: "We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible," seems rather disingenuous to me, since this is an obvious problem!

And did you receive a case number? It will speed up the process if you can tell us the number.

The double charged thing exists due to several differnt errors, either (accidentally) duplicated accounts, facebook errors and so on.. There's no problem to get your money back if you got double charged for one account (= one email adress) but others who got double billed had 2 accounts with different mail addresses so that is another thing.. 

Thanks again, Carina
The case number I got was: Case #: 02054559

@Jordi or @Rodrigo I see you both are online 😛

Need your permissions to escalate the case here.. Thanks!

Hi @freedoms-5 welcome to the community,

Thanks for posting your case number, I have escalated this for you. You should receive a response very soon.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Sorry, but I still haven't received a response.

I'm assuming I'll just be charged twice, two months in a row.

Spotify aims to answer mails within 24 hours, so please be a little more patient.

Hi @freedoms-5,

You should have received a reply. If not then let me know 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Jordi,

I've recieved two messages requesting information about this. I'm not sure if I'm to reply to those questions directly, since the email adress begins with: "noreply@salesforce.com" 
I'm a little confused!!!!!

Yes, just answer to one of those emails - even if they're from "no-reply".

Thanks, Carina.

I just did.

Carina, In the meantime, I've performed a web search, and I've noticed there are hundreds of similar complaints, and at least two online stories about this problem with Spotify.
It's clear to me that this is a common problem that can easily be fixed by Spotify.

Yet, those people who log-in to Spotify using their Facebook accounts, are constantly being double charged.

I feel this is an ethics problem.

In fact, in one of those online stories, the writer wrote about the process of getting a refund for the double charges, and he explained the circuitous route subscribers have to go through, that makes it difficult:

"For almost every question on the forums, moderators instruct users to submit web-contact forms to reach a customer-support rep. When users later complain about receiving only an automated reply, the moderators instruct them to reply to those "no-reply" emails in order to reach an agent. Confusing, right?"

That article was published in March of 2013. Yet, the confusion STILL exists! That's a serious problem.

Suggested posts