Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Charges for over 8 months....

Solved!

Double Charges for over 8 months....

When I opened my account with Spotify, I (thought I) linked my original account to Facebook.  For some reason, however, the original and the facebook account have been being charged seperately for over eight months.  So I've been paying double for nearly a year-  only recently noticing the issue on my bank statement.

I'd like to know who to contact about the extra charges, as they have added up to more than $100.00 dollars that has been charged to an account that is not in use.  The account(s) are this one and "secrethobbit".  I'd like to speak with a representative of your subscription department and have this sorted out.

As of now, this account (facebook) has been removed from premium, and secrethobbit remains subscribed.  If receipts are necessary, I have them for both accounts--

update 5.7.14  : 

Beyond furious right now.  No replies to any emails, and I've just been charged twice AGAIN after removing the subscription status of this account.  This is some of the worst support I've ever received (though i've received NO help at all).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'll ping someone now to see if I can find out what is going on for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Peter

View solution in original post

35 Replies

This is the active account, for reference.

Also- I managed to find the suppprt form, finally...  

But still, is it even possible to have the charges reversed or used toward future subscription payments? 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. Spotify don't deal with any billing/payment issues here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks for the link.

I'm curious...typically, are people able to resolve these sorts of financial issues? 

It really depends on a lot of things, normally most cases are resolved pretty effortlessly, but they may say that 8 months is too long to refund - the team will know more.

Peter

Thanks again for your help.  I really do hope they can refund or transfer the credit toward the active account-  It's a nice service, but I'm dissappointed that an account that was inactive for nearly a year is charged-  I feel it would be wise to have some sort of failsafe for situations like this....to diminish cases of multiple charges.

If Spotify refuses to refund, you can always call your credit card company. Depending on the company, they will go back and reverse all the duplicate charges.

I'm not sure my credit card company would do that either (maybe others are different!), since the payments won't actually be "duplicates" in the same way as accidentally being billed twice for the same item, it looks like you had two subscriptions running on two different Spotify accounts.

Peter

either way- I WILL be getting my money back. Gonna mark this as answered, as all I can do now is wait for a reply to my email.

Beyond furious right now.  No replies to any emails, and I've just been charged twice AGAIN after removing the subscription status of this account.  This is some of the worst support I've ever received (though i've received NO help at all).

E-mailed support AGAIN.

Come on-  Spotify, you have a great product here, why is it that you ruin your reputation with such shoddy support services?

If this issue is not handled soon- I will have to cancel my debit card and have a new one sent. 

I wish I could speak with a real person instead of an automated service response e-mail. 

I would have thought you should have got a reply by now. Could you let us know your 8-digit case number and I can ask someone what has happened to it for you?

Peter

01426491 Is the number given to me after the first e-mail sent, last week.

I'm sorry for my snappish-ness, I'm beyond simply frustrated at this point.

Marked as solution

I'll ping someone now to see if I can find out what is going on for you.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, I hope it works.

Any luck?

Not yet!

Peter

Looks like Spotify has returned the funds to my account.  🙂  Thanks for your help, Peter.

Spotify is an extremely convenient service, I'm happy to know I will be able to continue to use it without worrying about duplicate charges. 

Marked as solution

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Peter

Suggested posts