Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgraded to free, can't go back to premium

Solved!

Downgraded to free, can't go back to premium

Hi there,

I had a premium account for a several years, but I have been downgraded to free. I am unable to upgrade again. I get an error message that it is not possible to upgrade and that I should cancel my account and register again.

My payment details had expired back in September but I then entered my new credit card number.

Can somebody from the Spotify team help me here? I have tried to contact them via the contact form but didn't receive a reply.

Thanks,

Ken

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @GabeKates

Have you replied to the automated message you've got when sending your e-mail? If not, please reply to the automated message (the one redirecting you to the community), even when it says no-reply, so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible. 

Please let me know if you didn't get a reply after 48 hours, so I can escalate the message to Spotify. Thank you! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey there @Bejita, welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear about this! What's your case number, I'll be happy to escalate it for you. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

If you didn't get any reply (even not the automated reply), then I would suggest you to get in touch with Spotify via the link below, as I think something is wrong with your email. You won't have to log in vis the email below. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you both! I have tried with the anonymous link now. At least i have received an automatic reply. Let's see. 

Please reply to that automated email so am Spotify agent can get back to you ASAP (even when it says no-reply).

Replied to automatic email, but so far no reply. They don't seem to be interested in people staying in premium 😉

It may take up to 48 hours to respond.

Could you give us your Case ID, so we can notify someone from the staff team?

Thanks - here is my case ID: 01950116. I am based in Spain.

I've notified someone for you.

Have a nice day!

Thanks a lot! Hopefully they contact me soon. 

Our Community Manager told me that you've should hear back something soon, as the right team already has the message.

Thanks Michael!

They did indeed contact me but unfortunately it seems they haven't really read my email.

They suggest to register my payment details and upgrade to premium 🙂 I think my initial message was clear that this is what I am trying to do but the website doesn't allow me to do so.

So I wrote back to them.

Now I have received three different emails from Spotify with copy paste instructions on common problems with credit cards. Not amused.

It seems they don't read the mails they receive. My problem is that I don't even get to the page where you register the payment data.

It is funny how difficult Spotify makes it for someone trying to go back to premium status and pay. 

@Bejita - Have you tried completely removing your old card details from your online account?

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

Yes, I had removed my old card details. Now I only get an error message if I try to register my card. I don't even get to enter the number, I only see an error message before getting to the page. 

Already tried doing this from several devices. 

Ken

@Bejita - In that case I think the payments team are going to need to take a closer look at this for you. If you could drop them an email directly using the online contact form they will be happy to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

I think we are going in circles here. I had filled in that form and Spotify contacted me.

Ken

I really like Spotify, but the customer service seems like a joke.

So far I have received 5 emails from Spotify:

Step 1: They first asked me to check whether there is a problem with my card. I told them the problem is that I get an error message before registering any payment method. 

Step 2: They then asked me try a different device. This doesn't help either. 

They then went back to step 1 again. So far I have been through this circle twice and I am now back at step 1. 

I think I have spotify premium, but my account says i have free. If i do have free, then I would like to update my settings so that I am paying for premium. How can I do this? I've tried contacting spotify five times so far, but I am not getting a response. I just need someone to respond to one of my emails. My latest spotify case number is 03007887.

Marked as solution

Hi @GabeKates

Have you replied to the automated message you've got when sending your e-mail? If not, please reply to the automated message (the one redirecting you to the community), even when it says no-reply, so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible. 

Please let me know if you didn't get a reply after 48 hours, so I can escalate the message to Spotify. Thank you! 

Suggested posts