Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading my collection to itunes

Solved!

Downloading my collection to itunes

I have gone to help[p, to itunes, to bing, to RSS, to community help and have been trying for over a month and at least 5 hours of trying this and that,

Does anyone out there, KNOW HOW to download my spotify collection into itunes. I will pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS as soon as I have two, for the answer.

Someone must know! Or nobody is trying to make life easier. In fact I have been unable to download one album to my itunes yet! I have downloaded plenty to the group and to facebook but to me? NO!

EXTREMELY frustrated,

DaMurff

you can get a hold of me at my email <[snip]> Since there have been no questions or answers to this question in the community I will not be looking here again for the answer. In fact if it is still there when you see it above are the suggestions for what I could be looking for:

1. Why am I canceling my spotify account?

2. RE: Offline synced on more than 3 devices

3. Enhancing playlist organization

4. Does spotify stream music that is already on itunes ( and I did add all of my stuff in itunes as well as all that I listened to, to the group as well as facebook)

5. Questions and answers about spotify

I also tried help but to no avail,

Cheers,

DaMurff

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Like I say, with a Spotify subscription (Free, Unlimited or Premium) you have a license to listen to music, you do not own the music tracks you listen to, even if you have sync'd then for offline listening under a Premium account.

Depending on which country you live in you may be able to buy Download Credits, and with these you can buy individual tracks, which you then own and can import into whichever music player you want. You would still be under copyright and fair use though so you wouldn't be able to use the music in any commercial way - same as buying MP3s from anywhere.

So ... if you want to find a track so you can then buy it ... what's the name of the track and do you live in a country where you could get it from Amazon (or a similar such service)?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Posting here in case you do check back, but regardless it could help someone else.

First, you shouldn't post your personal email address in a public forum - I'd recommend you edit your post and remove it.

Second, there are two possible answers to your question depending on what your Spotify collection represents:
- 1 - tracks you have streamed/downloaded for offline listening from Spotify's library. You do not own these, simply a license to listen to them. They are therefore protected and you cannot shift them to any other format or listen in any other player
- 2 - tracks you have purchased with Download Credits (only available in some countries). These will be in your download location which you can find listed in Spotify's preferences page (Edit->Preferences). Either point iTunes at that location or copy them out of that folder into one iTunes can see already

HTH someone
Dave
----------------

so, we can't download the music files from spotfy to itunes?? cause if that is true, then where can i find music to use for my Youtube anime music video??? do you know where i can find music that will work on a microsoft movie maker??

Spotify has a music store inside, just like iTunes. You pay for downloads separately and this has nothing to do with your subscription. You get MP3 files through the music store that you can use for the purpose you described. You're not allowed to share them on p2p networks obviously, that'd be piracy.

If you're in the US, there is no music store. In that case just use iTunes.

Marked as solution

Like I say, with a Spotify subscription (Free, Unlimited or Premium) you have a license to listen to music, you do not own the music tracks you listen to, even if you have sync'd then for offline listening under a Premium account.

Depending on which country you live in you may be able to buy Download Credits, and with these you can buy individual tracks, which you then own and can import into whichever music player you want. You would still be under copyright and fair use though so you wouldn't be able to use the music in any commercial way - same as buying MP3s from anywhere.

So ... if you want to find a track so you can then buy it ... what's the name of the track and do you live in a country where you could get it from Amazon (or a similar such service)?
----------------

I can not figure out how to put my "spot" onto tunes or do I have to put it onto a website? I was following instructions easily up till then and the instructions became vague after getting my information URL, the next thing, then placing the spot unclear? That option helps but your hardly losing money by taking all of our music and selling that, ads on the sites but the ads on the music is a bit too greedy in my opinion. I believe in making money but ruining what you deliver with an ad in the middle of my mood, heres another one, PISSER! I sure hope that those ads do not show up on my recordings or thatr would be the end of spotify for me, and I sold a lot of people on the idea, but won't now that you added the ads during the music play!

DaMurff

I can not figure out how to put my "spot" onto tunes or do I have to put it onto a website? I was following instructions easily up till then and the instructions became vague after getting my information URL, the next thing, then placing the spot unclear? That option helps but your hardly losing money by taking all of our music and selling that, ads on the sites but the ads on the music is a bit too greedy in my opinion. I believe in making money but ruining what you deliver with an ad in the middle of my mood, here's another one, PxSSExR! I sure hope that those ads do not show up on my recordings or that would be the end of spottily for me, and I sold a lot of people on the idea, but won't now that you added the ads during the music play!

DaMurff

I can not figure out how to put my "spot" onto tunes or do I have to put it onto a website? I was following instructions easily up till then and the instructions became vague after getting my information URL, the next thing, then placing the spot unclear? That option helps but your hardly losing money by taking all of our music and selling that, ads on the sites but the ads on the music is a bit too greedy in my opinion. I believe in making money but ruining what you deliver with an ad in the middle of my mood, here's another one, heck, dog gone it, oh my! I sure hope that those ads do not show up on my recordings or that would be the end of spottily for me, and I sold a lot of people on the idea, but won't now that you added the ads during the music play!

DaMurff

@DaMurFF wrote:

I have gone to help[p, to itunes, to bing, to RSS, to community help and have been trying for over a month and at least 5 hours of trying this and that,

Does anyone out there, KNOW HOW to download my spotify collection into itunes. I will pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS as soon as I have two, for the answer.

Someone must know! Or nobody is trying to make life easier. In fact I have been unable to download one album to my itunes yet! I have downloaded plenty to the group and to facebook but to me? NO!

EXTREMELY frustrated,

DaMurff

you can get a hold of me at my email <[snip]> Since there have been no questions or answers to this question in the community I will not be looking here again for the answer. In fact if it is still there when you see it above are the suggestions for what I could be looking for:

1. Why am I canceling my spotify account?

2. RE: Offline synced on more than 3 devices

3. Enhancing playlist organization

4. Does spotify stream music that is already on itunes ( and I did add all of my stuff in itunes as well as all that I listened to, to the group as well as facebook)

5. Questions and answers about spotify

I also tried help but to no avail,

Cheers,

DaMurff

Suggested posts