Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account?

Solved!

Duplicate Account?

Dear People at Spotify, 

It seems I have one account with spotify directly and another one with my facebook-ID?

Strange thing is: I logged in with my 'normal' account to renew my premium, but it seems that it has been 

booked on an account i can only get onto when i log in with my facebook details. 

It's annoying because my playlist are in the 'normal' account while my subscription is in the 'facebook' account. 

I hope you can help!

207 Replies

Seem to be having the same problem with a twist i have been charged twice(on both accounts) for a premium subscription. 

Meredith, can you help me?

Oliver12344 - You'll need to get in touch with our payments team for this. Just head to 'About is' above, then 'Contact Form'. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I have this problem aswell. I'm not able to login with my spotify account any more and my playlists are gone. Seems like I have created a duplicate acccount with facebook. Could you please fix this for me? Also, my premium account is connected to the wrong account now I think.

Thanks in advance.

Hi johansvedberg - Sorry to hear you've had this issue with those two accounts. 

You'll also need to get in touch via the contact form. Just see Sam's post above for info. 

Hello I'm sorry to trouble you but i am also Having issues with Duplicate accounts on spotify, can you assist me with deleting the facebook account or merging them, doesn't matter if playlist gets whiped.

My playlists are all gone after installing spotify on a new laptop. I assume it has to do with a duplicate account, but I cannot find my old spotify profile since it always connects via facbook and thinks I am a new user. Is there a way to remove all annoying links with facebook? Spotify should be for music, facebook for boredom...

geirmioh - Ensure you're logging in with your "geirmoh" username, this should get you to your playlists. 

WilliamPride - I could only find one account linked to your email address. You may need to pop in an email about this in order to track down this second account . You can find a link to our contact form here

Airhorn Enthusiast

i am having the same problem.  i originally created a spotify account without facebook, but now they are linked.  but i am being charged TWICE monthly for ONE premium account?  i have filled out the support form twice.  this is ridiculous.

Ericander - As I mentioned in the other thread, your case has been received. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I had the same problem with the duplicate account. I sent an email explaining the situation and got one back saying i just need to confirm some details which i did immediately via another email. I still have a duplicate account without my spotify preepaid subcription or playlists and have not heard anything back. Do i need to confirm these details elswhere ? or even better; is there a way i could just quickly delete the duplicate account as i really want my playlists back ASAP, Thanks !!

Jabatan - I believe my colleague is just getting back to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I also have an account using my Facebook login and a created account through Spotify.

I would like to have the Facebook account canceled.  

Any help would be great...

Hi the ramblingark - I can see our FB account doesn't have a subscription or any playlists.

What ou can do is just link your Spotify account to FB via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

That will sort everything out for you.

Hi, I think I have a duplicate account as well via facebook. I don't login via facebook, however my clients (mobile especially) don't seem to recognize that I have premium. Any help?

Hi Randy,

I can see you've updated tonight. It looks like there's a slight delay updating some accounts at the moment, but it will upgrade, don't worry.

Could you try logging out and in again for us?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

No it's still only letting me play radio and not tracks. But if it's a delay, that's no problem at all. I can try again in a few hours, and re-login. I just didn't know if it was the duplicate account, because another problem is I can't add people who are NOT on my facebook friends list, but who have spotify. Is that part of the premium service?

You will be able to add them, you can find them in your desktop by searching for spotify:user:username in the search box.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, it seems I have the same issue. I logged in with facebook account to tray spotify, then I created spotify account and upgraded to premium version. Now I can't connect spotify to fb. Can you help me with this issue ?

I'm having the same problem. Seems my Facebook has its own user account which is seperate from my normal spotify login. As a result, I can't get the two linked. User acccount is mickeyash.

Suggested posts