Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account?

Solved!

Duplicate Account?

Dear People at Spotify, 

It seems I have one account with spotify directly and another one with my facebook-ID?

Strange thing is: I logged in with my 'normal' account to renew my premium, but it seems that it has been 

booked on an account i can only get onto when i log in with my facebook details. 

It's annoying because my playlist are in the 'normal' account while my subscription is in the 'facebook' account. 

I hope you can help!

207 Replies

Ive got this problem too but my original account has now changed to 1177208259 as the name and this account has taken the name. I want the account back this one doesnt have my playlists.

So the one i want removed is account 11101777516.

And the one I want back is account 1177208259.

Please get back soon Ive also sent emails but no replies.

I have a Spotify account already but I changed my cell phone and now when I try to access to my account the system ask for my user name and password but I don't have them because I set my account with facebook. I am paying for my account but looks like the system created a new account . What can I do?<br>

Can somone pleas help me with my account.
I am trying to change password and the page states "Another account is already registered with this email address"

thanks

Hi!

I have two accounts at Spotify; One free, and one Unlimited (ex Premium??). Unfortunately I have forgotten the password to the Unlimited account. And, as if this is not enough; my e-mail adress at this account appear to be wrong. I am not able to open this account - never uses it anyway..

I would appreciate it if you could delete the Free account, and give me a password reset mail at xxxxxx.xxxxx@nov.com (xxxxxx.xxxxx is my first and las name similar to the one in the e-mail adress at the Unlimited account.

My username at Unlimited is; grellzorro.

Hope you can help me with this.

BR.

E.

Hey guys! 🙂 

For any account related issues the best thing to do is get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in getting your issue resolved.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you have got in touch, but have not gotten a response, can you find any reply to the automated email as above - that will bump your case in the system and someone will normally get back to you in 24 hours.  

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I log in my spotify with my facebook account and i think i have a duplicate account bc the one I am using right now has none of my playlists

Hi. Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Im having the same issue could you help me too?

@Joanna1239 wrote:

Im having the same issue could you help me too?

Just get in touch as @Joe posted above and a member of the Spotify team will be able to lend a hand. 

Peter

Peter

After I changed my facebook password, Facebook created a duplicated account. I could still log in to my original premium account via the spotify log in. I asked the support to delete the duplicated account that was using my facebook login and had no playlists (so I can manually connect my original account to my facebook account). The support at spotify (Olga Boczula) deleted the wrong account, announcing me "with a smiley" that I can now log in with my facebook to the account that has no playlist. 

All my playlists are now deleted. This experience makes me think about signing up for Rdio.

Hi, I think I maybe have done something wrong. Since I don't have Spotify premium, I signed up for the "spotify 30 days free trial". But i seemed to have done that using my facebook account, so my regular account doesn't  have the premium features.

But after thnking a bit. I have used spotify quite a lot, but the free  trial is for me too right? Just want to make sure I'm not using something I do not qualify for.

@emiliebadin - Strange, did they delete your original Spotify account? Can you sign in using your username at all? 

@tojamm - It sounds like you have just set the free trial up on the wrong account, its amazingly easy to do. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get it moved over to the correct one for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi there! I tried logging into my Spotify account using my username and password and it doesnt log me in. When i type in my facebook details it logs me in but my playlists are not there! 😞 please help!

Hey @Ebzy786 - When you registered did you get a dedicated Spotify username which you would have chosen or did you create your account via Facebook? 

Peter

I cant remember as i created the account a long time ago! i tried signing with my Username and nits let me log in but no playlists

@Ebzy786 wrote:

I cant remember as i created the account a long time ago! i tried signing with my Username and nits let me log in but no playlists

In that case someone will have to dig a little deeper for you. If you could drop the support guys (and gals!) an email here they will be able to lend a hand. 

Peter

Hi my free spotify account which i created on facebook about a year ago seems to ahev duplicated itself but not my playlists... which is annoying as i can 'follow' my old account but can't actually log back on to it. I am hopless with issues such as this...

Hey, 

Ive just downloaded the new spotify app and after login in on my phone i discovered that none of my playlists where showing.

I thaught this was only a matter of re installing the app but when i later tried to login on my pc, my username kjkmartin appeared,

in the top right corner instead of my facebook Name and Surename along with my profile picture.

It was only then when is discovered that ALL MY PLAYLISTS HAD VANISHED.

Can someone help me get the playlists back I think that the app had created a duplicate of my account

All help Appreciated,

Kenn

Its pretty rare we see duplicate accounts that way around (with the playlists vanishing from a Spotify username account). Can you just confirm they aren't available on your restore page?

https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

Hi! This morning Spotify suddenly logged out, and when I logged in again (with my Facebook account), it somehow reset my account (deleting my Spotify Unlimited subscription, playlists, people I followed etc). So I renewed my subscription in this "new" account, but apparently my old account is still out there, as my followers now see both accounts. Is there any way to merge these accounts, with the "new" one deleted?

Suggested posts