2. firewall

3. program rules

4. scroll down to spotify 

5. change auto to allow for spotify installer and spotify program

6. Click apply

Give it a go!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

ok fixed and running after tweaking my network adapter and firewall.

anyone else with Error 52, and not pc tech savvy, might wish to have either their security tech, or a network tech walk you through the steps.

there's no single link to fix every pc - all have unique processes needing to be readdressed or reconfigured.

truly a learning experience for me, and in a way I must thank Spotify for the opportunity!

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using Windows? 

If so try using this installer: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe and make sure you disable any anti virus software you are running when running the installer. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm currently using Windows 7 and tried the Installer that you reccomended and it says spotify is installing, but promptly just quits after less than 5 seconds. I've tried about 5 different suggestions now and spotify just refuses to download, telling me that it is not hooked up to the interenet, even though it obviously is. What do I do? I keep getting error code 52

I've the same problem as Layries. In fact, I got really frustrated because Spotify couldn't refresh "Discover" in the beginning and I thought if I removed and reinstall it, it would work again. But, after removing the program, I couldn't reinstall it back! There's no problem with the firewall, it's bizarre how it just wouldn't download. There's no antivirus installed in my PC either. Any advice please?

The above link fixed it for me.  Thank you.

For me it helped. Even though I do not understand why all of a sudden Spotify did not connect with the internet anymore. That's why I de-installed it in the first place. The installation issues were the second problem I faced. I am using Windows 7. 

It worked for me (finally!) using windows vista.

Same thing for me, with Windows 8. Just constantly said it couldn't connect while i was surfing away. I haven't had this problem before with an installer.

Your installer link fixed it right away, thanks! Didn't need to turn off antivirus either, which is good because the latest update of avast is bloody hard to turn off.

Your new link isn't working either, still says that I'm not 'connected to the internet' when infact I am, I'm using windows vista and I turned off norton and windows firewall, still nothing! 

And what if this link doesen't work?? I don't work for me anyway. I have tried about almost everything know.

I got Windows 8. I discovered this problem when I got Spotify Preimium and installed Spotify to my mobile.
When I then tried to log on to my Spotify from the computer it didn't work. So I uninstalled it and tried to install it again
without any progress ( I can't reinstall it ).

And it isn't fun to pay more and get less..

Plz help 😛

Hey @user-removed 🙂 

Can you try following the steps in this guide to perform a clean reinstallation in windows safe mode and see if that helps? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

lol make sure your anti virus program is on, it wasnt for me so thats why it didnt work for me, now its on and it works just as before, try that and see.

Daniel

I was having the same problem with Windows 8 but that link worked perfectly, thanks!!

Marked as solution

I solved my error 52 by looking at my norton anti-virus firewall:

If you have norton installed go to:

1. settings

2. firewall

3. program rules

4. scroll down to spotify 

5. change auto to allow for spotify installer and spotify program

6. Click apply

Give it a go!

If none of the above works it could be a problem with your security software. Uninstall and reinstall whatever security package you use Eg norton. And, then try to reinstall spotify. Run a virus scan before and after the reinstall. Also, make sure that you dont have more than one security package installed on your machine before you reinstall anything. The uninstall for any programme is much the same as for spotify, but you need to check your security vendors web site for advice, some will require that you download and run an uninstall app, so follow the vendors advice on that.

Also, spotify won't let you log on to two devices simultaneously. It's a single user license, ie if you are active on one machine it will not allow you to use another. Given all the problems with uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, It's an option of last resort.

Just a small correction - spotify allows you to be logged in on multiple devices but you can only stream on one device at a time.

The link provided by Peter worked for me!

Exactly the same problem, error 52 and no way to get round it. The link worked for me - I'm on Windows 7. Thank you!

tried everything you and the web suggested - no good

been unable to install Spotify for about 18 hours now

even a Norton online tech reconfigured their settings - still no good

why?

Marked as solution

ok fixed and running after tweaking my network adapter and firewall.

anyone else with Error 52, and not pc tech savvy, might wish to have either their security tech, or a network tech walk you through the steps.

there's no single link to fix every pc - all have unique processes needing to be readdressed or reconfigured.

truly a learning experience for me, and in a way I must thank Spotify for the opportunity!

Suggested posts