Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error when signing up for Spotify student

Error when signing up for Spotify student

Every time I try to sign up for the Spotify student discount, I get the error, Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.”

My subscription expires on 11/28 and I want to sign up for the student discount before my subscription runs out.

\m/
6 Replies

Hey there,

I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

I'll try that. Thanks.

\m/

How did you pay for your current subscription? If it was by gift or eCard I think you need to wait until your account drops to free before it will let you set up a discounted rolling monthly subscription.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm currently on the 30 day trial. Could that be the issue?

I just didn't want to have to wait until I drop back to free, because I don't want to lose any of my offline songs or premium features for that matter.
\m/

Nah it should work from a trial, the support team will be able to investigate a little further for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had this problem too! Were you able to figure out what was going on??

Suggested posts