Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favorite button removed

Solved!

Favorite button removed

Hi all!

For a few years i am a proud Premium member of Spotify, and this is my first topic at the forum. 

Before the new Spotify update, i just favorited my songs to add them to the Favorite playlist. My plan was to build this favorite list so when i am 80 years old, i only have to look at the favroite playlist and listin to my music.

But now i can´t find the ´star´ button anywhere and no possibilites to add a song to my favorites. Where has it gone to? How can i still add the songs?

Thanks for helping

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Fear not! It is still possible to add tracks to your Starred list:

1. Right-click a song.

2. Hover over 'Add to…'

3. Click Starred.

Once you're done you can find your song in the Starred playlist, at the top of your list of playlists.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Open your own topic

Marked as solution

What happens when you try adding that (brilliant) song to your Starred list?

Follow me on Spotify.

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Fear not! It is still possible to add tracks to your Starred list:

1. Right-click a song.

2. Hover over 'Add to…'

3. Click Starred.

Once you're done you can find your song in the Starred playlist, at the top of your list of playlists.

Hope this helps!

Follow me on Spotify.

Haha that's a little stupid of me. Didn't see 'Starred' and i was only looking for 'Favorites'.

Thanks mate!

I can't add a song to my Favorites. Alle playlists are highlighted except the one at the top

Hi there!

That's strange. Are you able to drag and drop tracks into your Starred list?

Follow me on Spotify.

Yeah that works for other songs. It occures only with this song

The War On Drugs – Red Eyes

Marked as solution

Open your own topic

Marked as solution

What happens when you try adding that (brilliant) song to your Starred list?

Follow me on Spotify.

please shut off my notifications emails for this topic. i don't like the spam other users are making.. thank you

Click on "Topic Options" at the top > Unsubscribe. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That button was perfect! was the only thing I use! The right-click aproach is quite awkward..

This is my second post ever on Spotifiy, I joined Spot when it had less than 500,00 thousand U.S. subscribers. I have pimped it to all my muscial friends, but now am not sure I will in the future becasue of this stu[pid idea to do away with a one click favorite button.

As posted elsewhere by me.  The person who decided to do away with the 'Star' button should no longer be working at Spotify.

What company makes an app harder to use by adding additional steps to achivve what could previously be achived in one step, clicking the 'star' button.

Ok, so I'm hauling ass on a cross country road trip in my Audi S4  jamming to a new set of tunes I have not heard before when I hear a particulary fab cut I want to save to  my favorites for later, I use to be able to touch one button and bingo bango bongo, the cut was in my favorites playlist.  Now??? WTF I gotta touch dis, touch dat, hover over dare, peek over here..... ka-boooom I'm dead cause it took so many steps to achive what was once a one step manuver I hit a moose crossing the highway.(live in Alaska)

Please no driving comments, I'm 63 years old and still have fun behind the wheel of cars that are ment to be driven on rid-in.

JUST BRING BACK THE STAR BUTTON and save more moose.

+1 on bringing back the star button! it was the best way to favorite songs to your heavy rotation list! 

Now the user experience has actually degraded on this point.

+1 for a signel click fav button.

Suggested posts