Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot Username

Solved!

Forgot Username

Hi, I forgot my username for spotify original account, I can log in using facebook but I still do want to know my spotify original account username, where can I see the information about that? Can anyone help? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Hafgrimr

Login to the Desktop app and go to your profile. Right click on your name and 'copy HTTP link'.

Paste that link somewhere and you'll see your spotify username, which is a large, random number.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

If your Facebook logs you into the same account with your playlists, you can view your original username on your online overview.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thank you

I know my password but I'm not connected to facebook and I forgot my username how do I log in ?

Enter your email address on the password reset page, the reset email contains your username and a link to reset the password if needed.

https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem as the initial user where I do not know my spotify username. I am connected via facebook but when i click login with facebook the message "It looks like you already have a Spotify account with the email (my email). Please login below." But when I put my email into the login area a popup appears that says "Forbidden character in username: @." 

Because I do not know my username I cannot login in via spotify, and when I try to log in with facebook it tells me that since I already have a spotify account I should log in below. Why is it not just logging me in when I try to log in with facebook?

Also, when I go to password reset it tells me "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com." I changed my facebook password and this has done nothing to help the issue, and I cannot get a reset email so I cant get my username 

@nwrusso Support can totally help you with this issue just fill in your details and you're set! 

You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi I am having a disaster with my account...
Recently I purchased premium with Spotify. I got an email saying this BUT it said it was 12.99 not 9.99 also i never remember putting bank details in. It says that if I dont cancel it 24hrs before end of premium the i will have to pay to make thing WORST I forgotten my username and I could probably guess the pass. is the email fake have I not ordered premium and if I have HOW DO I CANCEL IT!!

Thank you so much 💞

I know my password, but I can't log in because I don't have my username. This happened after my phone did the automatic updates.

What happens if I used an old email and don't Remember it and also don't have face book

Hi @Victoria12311,

It's best to reach out to Spotify Customer Support by using the alternative form. They can sort this out for you.

Please note that if you're logged-in, log out first or else it will use the e-mail adress attached to that account.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have a this problem: Recently I logout from my Spotify App on my iPhone. When I try to login, I don't remember my account. I have a Spotify subscription from iTunes. I try to look for my account on emails, iTunes, etc. but I couldn't find it. For that reason I had to create a new account (this), but I lost my playlists. Please, help me finding my account to close it and export my list to this new account?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I log on to spotify by hitting the "log in with facebook" button, and when i look on my account overview, i can't seem to see my username. Where is this displayed? All i see is my e-mail etc.. help would be appreciated, as i need my username for an ongoing error report with Premium. Thanks!

@ccastanedaf52

You can log into your spotify profile on your browser here with your email, your username will be displayed after you login.

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@Hafgrimr

Login to the Desktop app and go to your profile. Right click on your name and 'copy HTTP link'.

Paste that link somewhere and you'll see your spotify username, which is a large, random number.

osorniosSpotify Star

hi Peter 

I can't see any username on overview?

This is all i can see 

Account overview

Email
trag_bb.4ngel@yahoo.com.vn
Date of birth
7/06/94
Country
NZ
Postal code

so where does it say username??? I have been waiting for a reset password link for a while now and still nothing. Nothing on spam or my junk mail

Thanks for your help

@christinezhou

Did you use facebook to create the account?

osorniosSpotify Star

Yes I used FB to use Spotify. I did that and it had sent me a bunch of number, I've tried to log in with the password is not correct 😞 

Can i send you my case number and then you can manually send me the reset password link ?

For some reason, I was able to log on the safari on macbook ( not too sure how it take me there) but i want to get on apps so i can start using music on my mac?

Suggested posts