Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Solved!

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Hello Spotify,
People may have asked you the same question, but I need a full understandment. I've just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod and I got the 48 hour free trial plan. Now, what would exactly happen once the free trial is over? Will I still be able to listen to Spotify on my iPod or will the app automatically shut down? Will I also be charged if I don't cancel my free trial before the 48 hours? Now, I guess I should also say that I have a Spotify free account on my computer without this app.

Thanks for your moment!
152 Replies

Hello i just want to clarify. I clicked the 7 day free trial offer and the trial is supposed to end today but my account still says i'm in premium trial. I am using an fb account on spotify and i cannot see if there is an email offering trial extension because i cannot access the email address that is being used by spotify to give me emails. I changed my email on my facebook but it still hasn't changed in my spotify? I am now concerned if spotify subscribed me to the 30 day premium without my consent amd I would would like to know why am i still on premium trial even if the 7 day trial should have ended today

Hello Spotify,
I've just downloaded this app and purchased the 3 months premium trial for 1 dollar. It says that after 3 months? I'll start getting charged 9.99 per month. If I cancel the premium plan b4 the end of the 3 months, Will I still be charged the 9.99?

Hey @Draconic75

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription. In there you'll know until when you will have Premium status.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the promo you've paid for, and after that it will revert back to Free. You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What would happen to your downloaded songs you have.
Marked as solution

Hey @ahernandez5848

When your account goes back to Free, you'll lose all downloaded content in your devices.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

But what happends with my downloads? Will they stay? Or not? If my premium ends?

Hi. I wondered if you could help. 

When I took out the offer of 99p for the first 3 months I was in Spain on holiday.

On return to England. when I log on to my account details everthing is in Spanish (unsuprisingly I suppose!). Is it possible to change it to English? If so how?

Also on that deal...can I cancel after the 3 months offer or am I contractually obliged to stay subscribed longer?

Regards

Andrew

Marked as solution

Hey @andykin30A

Yes,you can login to the website to check the status of your subscription. In there you'll know until when you will have Premium status, and cancel if you want to.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the time you've paid for, and after that it will revert back to Free. You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

Once you're subscription ends, you can change your country to England and your settings should go back to english.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

A follow up question: If you have downloaded songs on the free trial
Will they disappear

Hey @SteveyIsobese

Yes, once the trial is over, downloaded content disappears, so you'll be able to stream them only.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I want to cancel help,  having same issues 

Just contact them through this link: Contact Spotify Support (Banking/Subscription).
Request to change your email this way as changing it through "edit my profile" currently does not work.

I hope you are able to get your situation corrected as soon as possible. I have confidence you'll be satisfied with the resolution.

If this solved your issue, click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION', or add a Like if it was helpful. 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/user/saraisound/playlist/7iBA9xABGo8V4L7m7xRR3i

Follow me

Keeps claiming issues with website ...i want it canceled please I've had nothing but issues and want it canceled 

Not working 

I guess I have to try facebook and Twitter to find out how to cancel my account ....

Just contact them through this link: Contact Spotify Support (Subscription).
Request to change your email this way as changing it through "edit my profile" currently does not work.

I hope you are able to get your situation corrected as soon as possible. I have confidence you'll be satisfied with the resolution.

If this solved your issue, click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION', or add a Like if it was helpful. 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/user/saraisound/playlist/7iBA9xABGo8V4L7m7xRR3i

Follow me

Spotify, I have a question as well. I'm confused. I saw something here that said 7days free trial. I won't be charged, would I? 

Hey @GiannaGuerrero

Without any payment details, no charges can be made, so once the trial ends, you account will revert back to Free as it was before.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I am currently on the 30 dad free trial but I am wondering if the playlistp I have currently downloaded will stay downloaded once my free trial ends (I have already canceled my subscription so that I won't be billed) 

I was wondering if even though I downloaded all my songs once the trail is over do the ‘undownload’

Suggested posts