Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card doesn't work

Solved!

Gift card doesn't work

Hi,

I moved from Brazil to the USA and bought a gift card at Target to pay my next month in Spotify. Even though I changed my country to USA at the settings, when I type the PIN and press "redeem", it says: "Country mismatch, Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed by recipients in the same country as the country you bought the e-card in."

The country is set to USA, the card is from the USA. What's the problem, then?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'll have you know that I talked to the twitter person in Spotify and they solved it for me.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the Community.

I've taken a quick look on our system and I can see that your account is still set to Brazil, which is why you are currently unable to redeem that gift card.

If you'd like to get this changed over to the US, you can by following these steps.

Once updated, you should find that you are able to redeem that gift card without any issues.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, fire away!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thanks for the quick response, Jamie.

First of all, I can't access this page you sent me. It opens for me the page in print screen 1.

However, I tried to change my country setting in my account settings (if that's where the page would get me) as you see in print screen 2.

But as I go back to my account overview, it just says Brazil again. If I try to edit again, it says USA. If I go back, it says Brazil, as you can see in print screen 3.

What do I do?

ps1.jpg
ps2.jpg
ps3.jpg

Jamie, I think I got it.

Oddly, when I put my celphone, although it didn't show me any error message before, the country was changed successfuly.

Thank you for your help, though!

Well, now I have other problem. I inserted the Gift Card code, chose the service I wanted, and it doesn't update to Spotify Premium.

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, it is shown to me on my overview that I'm on Spotify Free and I didn't insert it in any other account.

I filled the online contact form and will wait for response.

Thanks, Peter.

Marked as solution

I'll have you know that I talked to the twitter person in Spotify and they solved it for me.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts