Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift cards!

Solved!

Gift cards!

Hi wonderful community! 

If this answer is already out on the forum then i apologize, i tryed search but couldnt find so here it is.

If i was to buy a gift card here in sweden, would it work for let say a friend in US would get the code? 
Or is the code locked to sweden?

Apparently in several countrys you can gift here online on spotify website but not in sweden. 

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Alkaline ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed by recipients in the same country as the country you bought the e-card in, so you can't gift them internationaly. This restriction is in place to prevent people buying premium abroad were it might be cheaper.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Alkaline ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed by recipients in the same country as the country you bought the e-card in, so you can't gift them internationaly. This restriction is in place to prevent people buying premium abroad were it might be cheaper.

Peter

I am trying to do teh same thing for my brother in Australia, is there no way around it ???

Seems a little short sighted as it would be a great gift ???

Any tips to get this sorted would be welcome.

Paul

Meh... spotify is swedish company yet we dont get the benefit to gift spotify e-cards 😞 

Oh well if thats the case i guess i have to get something else as a gift! 

Thanks for the quick reply Peter, i appreciate it! 🙂 

Hi guys,

Peter is right here. If you buy an e-card, it will have to be redeemed in the same country as it was purchased.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and I'm trying to use a spotify downloads card purchased in the UK.  However I get the message "Spotify Downloads are not available in your country"   Anyone any idea why?

I expect I'm posting this in the wrong place/forum, but I can't see an y obvious place to post such queries.

@malam66 wrote:

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and I'm trying to use a spotify downloads card purchased in the UK.  However I get the message "Spotify Downloads are not available in your country"   Anyone any idea why?

I expect I'm posting this in the wrong place/forum, but I can't see an y obvious place to post such queries.

Does the card say on it it can be redeemed for downloads @malam66 ?

The download store was actually removed from Spotify sometime ago, so only very old gift cards which where purchased when the downloads store was still active can still be used for downloads (Spotify will still honour old cards). If its a new gift card and it doesn't say it can be redeemed for downloads, unfortunately it can only be redeemed for premium/unlimited.

Peter

Hi Peter,

You're correct, the card is a few months old, though less than 12.  On the back it says "valid for spotify unlimited, spotify premium or spotify downloads."   However, when I try to redeem it I'm only offered the first two options and told downloads isn't available for my country. 

I appreciate, downloads has been withdrawn, however surprised, existing purchases are not being accepted 😞

Longer term I think Google play will be a better solution.  I can mix and match my library with purchases from the Internet.  Shame as the spotify player is better.

Hey @malam66 - if you get in touch here one of our payments team will get back to you as soon as they can. If your giftcard said it gave you the option of redeeming downloads, they should still be working.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks guys! Thanks for all help! 
Even though i was hoping for a different answer i appreciate all the answers i got. Have a great day.

Alkaline

Regarding purchasing gift cards internationally, I understand Spotify would like to prevent of purchasing application over a cheaper prices from another country... However, I would like to gift Spotify to someone in US and I am ok to pay the price in US market. I am not trying to buy from the price in Turkey... This shouldn't be so hard to fix and manage, right ?

Any advice ?

Thanks

There is no way around it I'm afraid unless you have a US payment card.

Send them the money?

Peter

Suggested posts