Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Giftcard code invalid

Solved!

Giftcard code invalid

I bought a giftcard yesterday. And when I enter the code it says it is invalid, altho its not. I've tried on 3 different platforms (don't know why but I did). I've been back to the place I bought it but the code is activaded and they are just the middlehand so they couldn't help me.

PS: I really think you should have a telephone support aswell.

107 Replies

I am experiencing this issue as well.

Hey guys 🙂 

Since gift card codes are obviously sensitive and we don't want anyone else to be able to redeem your code when posting it here, can you please get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form (being sure to include your code on that form) and they will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

And me, through 5 Gum promotion.

Unless you can only store 2 years credit?

@simonbes wrote:

And me, through 5 Gum promotion.

Unless you can only store 2 years credit?

I'd email the payments guys here and they should be able to check it out for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

i get the message "we are currently unable to redeem this code" when i try to select the premium with my gift card.  I have two months subscription at the moment but i want to upgrade to premium so i can use spotify on my phone also.   I have quite a few  gift cards that I want to use, i don't want to sign up to a direct debit. please help. 

@joannefinn wrote:

i get the message "we are currently unable to redeem this code" when i try to select the premium with my gift card.  I have two months subscription at the moment but i want to upgrade to premium so i can use spotify on my phone also.   I have quite a few  gift cards that I want to use, i don't want to sign up to a direct debit. please help. 

Is your current subscription unlimited @joannefinn ?

Peter

Peter

Same problem with redeeming my in-store bought code!

When will it be resolved and is there any way to activate premium anyway?

same thing

@jngrenwis - If you are getting invalid code, double check you are entering the code exactly as on the card, they are case sensitive and often contain letters than look like numbers! 

If you are still having issues, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form including the code and they can check it out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I have tried to different debit cards to sign up for premium with no luck. After that I purchased a prepaid card to activate the account and that didnt work either. So now I have spent 10 bucks to not get premium, terrible service.  I hope the store will refund my money if not I will need a way to contact Spotify for my refund.

Hi there,

We're sorry to see that you've had a bit of trouble subscribing. Just follow the link to the contact form that Peter posted right above your post and one of our advisors will be happy to help get you up and running 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

We are having the same problem - it will not accept gift card codes.

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see that you've had a bit of trouble subscribing. Just follow the link to the contact form that Peter posted  and Jamie mentioned right above your post and one of Spotify advisors will be happy to help get you up and running 🙂

Hi,

I am also having problem with the giftcard code being invalid. The message I get is: Ooops, something went wrong please try again or check out our help area.

I bougt my instore receipt on December 20th 2013.

@Shannah70 - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form, including your code they will be able to check it out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have already been in contact with them this week and replied with the code and I get No answer from them.

Shannah

Did you reply to the automated email?

Peter

Now I sent them a new e-mail from the link you sent me and answered the automated e-mail. Let's see if they answer me now.

Things are taking a little bit longer than normal for the guys to get through during the Christmas and New years period. However if you don't hear anything back by end of play on Monday, give us a shout here with your case number (#) and we can escalate it further if needed. 

Peter

It says that the code is wrong for the service chosen, very frustrating

Suggested posts