Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Glitched radio stations across my entire account on multiple devices

Glitched radio stations across my entire account on multiple devices

All previous radio stations I have made since creating my account over a year ago have started playing only the artist of the radio station itself, and then random artist from other genres of music... The only way I can listen to music I like on the radio now is to create a new station centered around a specific song made by the artist I want to listen to. This happens on all devices with my account, my destop, phone, ipod... and the stations I used to listen to work fine on others accounts still. Don't really want to make a brand new account, is there a fix? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both devices, but it did nothing, and even If I delete and then re-create the artist stations, they do the same thing, play random artists and then once in a while the artist the station was created for...

My account is free.

please help!

5 Replies

You aren't the only one seeing this issue, it was raised by one of the community Rising Stars a few weeks back, as well as by several other community posters:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Radio-Feature-Recent-Algorithm-Change/m-p...

It has been reported to Spotify, but there hasn't been any news since it was first reported if this is a change or part of an ongoing test.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, but its nothing to do with the specific radio stations or Spotify's Algorithms... It's Only my account across any device I try it on, yet my friend can listen to the same radio station on his account and it plays fine, playing artists similar to the radio station's main artist like it should... What can I do?

It only effects particular accounts it seems, I've tested extensively on all of my accounts and they are all "normal". So I suspect this is part of an ongoing user test which isn't uncommon on Spotify - they make small changes to see how peoples usage/feedback reacts to it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You saying Spotify attacked my account to make my radio stations like this? To see my reactions? I am trying to listen to Parkway Drive radio, a very heavy metalcore band. I skip, and hear german violin symphony's, and then the Beatles, then Parkway Drive again... then more german pop music...then Lil' Wayne... But I create a new station with a song by Parkway Drive, and its fine. God help me!

UPDATE:

To anyone that may fall upon this issue... exactly 7 days later, my readio stations returned to normal.. seems to be a tactic to try and force long time free spotify members into subscribing to premium... Not happy about it, but glad it's resolved itself.

Suggested posts