Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Casual Listener
BlueBadgerGirl
Accepted Solution

Help: How do I block or delete a follower from my Spotify? ie: a psycho Ex?

A guy I dated  is following my music playlists and I can't figure out how to delete or block him. Seems like no big deal but he's a psycho and it creeps me out that he has any connection to me. HELP

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Help: How do I block or delete a follower from my Spotify? ie: a psycho Ex?

Re-create your playlist and make it non-public.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
mrjones37

I have a similar problem. What about the "star" playlist?

Music Fan
FonjaRaltin

I have the same problem! They can not only follow a specific list, they can also follow the whole profile!? So when I put a new song in one of my "secret" lists he knows because it shows on my profile (Recent Activity) what song and when I added it.

Secret playlist does not help and "Private Session"  turns off all the time.... annoying as hell!

Music Fan
rubix

My psycho ex is doing the exact same thing. There used to be a way you could block someone from your profile. He is already blocked on facebook and spotify just updated me to the newest version and now i know that he has been following me for months! Its truly creepy and there is no option to block him, please help! I don't want to have to permenantly listen to music in private! :(

Music Fan
JadeMagpie

This is happening to me too. My ex has begun cyber stalking me every way he can. Recently he e-mailed me using my recently played list as an excuse to contact me. I block him every time it comes up - but this guy has contacted friends of mine via e-mail and it disturbs me that he's keeping tabs on me. I suppose my music listening history is rather begnin information - but I wouldn't be shocked if he found some way to use it in an inappropriate way to contact me.

We should have the option to report and/or ban certain followers without completely shutting down sharing.

Peter
Kudos: 12,392
Solutions: 3,401
I'm a Community Rock Star

Hey :) 

For anyone having this issue, and would like the ability to block/remove followers, I would suggest you add your kudos and comments to this topic over on the ideas exchange which suggests that functionality be added. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
sanchipoo

I think it's rather irresponsible of Spotify not to have this functionality.

Music Fan
EasyG0ing1

Same problem - ex girlfriend now has some idea about what im doing and what im listening to at any given moment (she is blocked in facebook) and I have to see her every time I click on "Followers" ... its disturbing, creepy, annoying and completely ruins any good mood i might be in from the misic I listen to.

PLEASE GIVE US BLOCKING ABILITY OR JUST USE OUR FACEBOOK BLOCK LIST!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE? .... 

Thank you

Michael
Music Fan
Kurren123

Same problem, I dont want to associate spotify with my ex!!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.