Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Solved!

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Ugh, I can't believe I messed with this. I thought unlinking my Facebook would refresh some of the Facebook Social information (recently friended someone and didn't see his information on Spotify).  Unfortunately I guess I originally created my account with Facebook so when I did this it somehow deleted my information and is recognizing me as a new user.

Is there any way I could recover that information??  I spent a lot of time crafting my lists...and it sucks to lose them.  Plus I was thinking of upgrading in the next couple months.  Not really something I care to do if it's going to be this easy to lose my information...

Please let me know where I can e-mail you my information so I can hopefully get this straightened out.

Thanks!!

~Tricia 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

TardisBlue76 - Looks like another account was created here. Just log in with your username 'nadiakovacs' and your Spotify password. All your music will be back. You'll be able to link-up to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Richard~

I can only assume that I never signed up for a Spotify account, but signed in through my Facebook account, so when I unlinked my Facebook account,  it imploded and booted me off.  When I logged back on, it acted as if I was a completely new user.

Can you help me??  I'm not sure that there is a duplicate account to delete... my login e-mail for Facebook is the same login email I would try to use for a separate Spotify account.  When I try to reset my password (something I'm not certain I ever had if I just logged in with FB), it gave me this message: 

Using Facebook?

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

So, what do I do?

Thanks.

~Tricia 

Marked as solution

@Indian82 wrote:

Hey - I think I have the same problem.  Was experimenting and thought I was just disconnecting from Facebook temporarily.

Is thsi something you can do to get my lists & songs back?   Thanks!

Check out my thread on this here (just log in with your original username).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

Have you already tried what Richard suggests above?

Go to this thread here (just log in with your original username).

Marked as solution

It's EvaD, I wrote this message after nearly dying (?) by losing My Spotify things, and then I found it : how did I do ? See here !! 

(Once again, I apologize my English 😕 )

OMG !!!! Can't believe it ! I found how to find (sic) my account ! I just looked for a playlist that I'd created, and found my name, as it were before I logged with Facebook (few months ago). And so I disconnected from the new account (that one who was "empty") and logged in with my "old" name and... it worked !!! Alleluia !! i'm so happy, I can't believe it  !! 😄

I hope it's quite understandable, and that it will help you !! 🙂 

164 Replies

Hey gimPAC, welcome to the Community.

Please try just signing in with your original username, rather than any Facebook details. This should allow you to regain access to your original account and playlists.

Let me know if you're still having issues and I'll delete any duplicate accounts for you in the system.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

See, I tried that, and I couldn't remember my password, so I reset my password, but I still couldn't log in unless I did with my Facebook account.  When I unlinked Facebook, it logged me out of my account.  This leads me to think that I originally set up my account with Facebook.

What do I do?

This same exact thing happened to me. I tried loggin in with my regular user name and that's where I lost EVERYTHING. This is so frustrating!

By the way, I only have the free version so I don't know if this is related at all to that particular issue... I appreciate any help you might give... in the meantime I'm going to take a Spotify hiatus and go back to iTunes.

Marked as solution

TardisBlue76 - Looks like another account was created here. Just log in with your username 'nadiakovacs' and your Spotify password. All your music will be back. You'll be able to link-up to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hi Richard~

I can only assume that I never signed up for a Spotify account, but signed in through my Facebook account, so when I unlinked my Facebook account,  it imploded and booted me off.  When I logged back on, it acted as if I was a completely new user.

Can you help me??  I'm not sure that there is a duplicate account to delete... my login e-mail for Facebook is the same login email I would try to use for a separate Spotify account.  When I try to reset my password (something I'm not certain I ever had if I just logged in with FB), it gave me this message: 

Using Facebook?

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

So, what do I do?

Thanks.

~Tricia 

gimPAC - I've deleted the duplicate account (two of them in fact). This should make locating your original account a lot easier. So try logging in with 'gimppac' as the username. The password reset form, if you should need it, ought to now return a clickable link to get logged back in.

Well that worked!  Thanks a lot, you're the best. 🙂 

~Tricia

Hi

I belive I have created two users with the same name (but different mail addresses) and that may have created a problem. Since now I'cant find any of my old lists (and there were no less than  40 !) and now can only see one that I  have created latter on. Still It seems Spotify still recognize some of my "history" as I can see some of the songs in my "library" section

my user name is mea05

Many thanks in advance

manuel

Hey mea05, welcome to the Community. I've tried restoring your playlist history to a prior state - how's it looking now?

Richard,

it works now PERFECTLY.  Many thanks, you have not only saved my life Smiley Happy but have done it in such quick and easy way that I can hardly believe it. Best service I have ever experienced.

By the way, which is the status of my users ? do I still have (as it seemed to me) two users with the same name and two different email addresses ?

thanks once more

manuel

Happy to help, Manuel.

You should be all fine from now on - if you'd like us to go in and take another look we can of course.

Hi Richard

I've run into the same problem. A premium user had his account up and I logged into my facebook. And somehow or another all of his playlists were transfered onto my account, deleting all of mine. He has since returned his account to normal, but my playlists are nowhere to be found!

My original account is 122218425, and i know that based on my history that facebook gave me. If you could somehow restore my playlists i would be forever greatful!

@122218425 wrote:

Hi Richard

I've run into the same problem. A premium user had his account up and I logged into my facebook. And somehow or another all of his playlists were transfered onto my account, deleting all of mine. He has since returned his account to normal, but my playlists are nowhere to be found!

My original account is 122218425, and i know that based on my history that facebook gave me. If you could somehow restore my playlists i would be forever greatful!

Have you been able to get this sorted now? I see a number of playlists have turned up on your account within the last hour.

Unfortunately no 😞 That is me subscribing to my old profile, all of my non published playlists are gone now

@122218425 wrote:

Unfortunately no 😞 That is me subscribing to my old profile, all of my non published playlists are gone now

Ok, how about now?

I'm still subscribed as another user, but I can see all of them and thats great! Thank you so much!

I am having the same problem (absolutely brand new account despite the same Facebook username & password) because I unlinked Spotify and my Facebook account.

According to my user information, my screenname is 1240084641. Will I be able to have everything restored as well? Thank you.

Hey RiniFilipini, welcome to the Community.

I'm not seeing anything for your account details at the moment. But if you get in touch through our contact form we'll be able to go into this in more detail by email.

Suggested posts