Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Solved!

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Ugh, I can't believe I messed with this. I thought unlinking my Facebook would refresh some of the Facebook Social information (recently friended someone and didn't see his information on Spotify).  Unfortunately I guess I originally created my account with Facebook so when I did this it somehow deleted my information and is recognizing me as a new user.

Is there any way I could recover that information??  I spent a lot of time crafting my lists...and it sucks to lose them.  Plus I was thinking of upgrading in the next couple months.  Not really something I care to do if it's going to be this easy to lose my information...

Please let me know where I can e-mail you my information so I can hopefully get this straightened out.

Thanks!!

~Tricia 

164 Replies

Original poster back...I finally disable email notifications on this post... A couple thoughts, since it seems like 2 years later, people are still having issues.

@Richard wrote:

Check out my thread on this here (just log in with your original username).

1. I know I'm possibly asking a message thread development question, but can you pin the link to the solution thread at the top of this message?  That way people don't need to go all the way through the thread to hunt the solution..and most likely posting their duplicate issue without reading anything.  Might save you some headaches if you had that ability.  Also, some of these messages are marked as "Solution" but are really not...

2.  Is there something that Spotify developers can do on the back end to address this issue proactively instead of letting the problem of "unlink Facebook, lost playlists, have dupe accounts" continue?  It quite possibly might be not worth the time, or an issue only for people from before X time, but figured I'd ask.

Happy listening all!

~Tricia

Same thing happened to me -- changed my Facebook password, all of my music is gone.....

Any help?

Hi,

Similar problem...

I have been using Spotify for months now by only using web player:

https://play.spotify.com/user/11132607901

Yesterday I set up a regular account with a name: MariuszKedzierawski and from within selected option to link with my Facebook.

Yeah, I then I lost my all playlists...

Can you help me? Thank you.

Mariusz K.

Hey @Magnetique

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, I have almost the exact same issue as the user 'gimpPAC'! Now I have recently re-linked my Facebook to my Spotify and it sucks to have to remember which songs I need to re-add into my 'songs' tab again! Could anyone please help?? Thanks!!

Suggested posts