Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Solved!

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Ugh, I can't believe I messed with this. I thought unlinking my Facebook would refresh some of the Facebook Social information (recently friended someone and didn't see his information on Spotify).  Unfortunately I guess I originally created my account with Facebook so when I did this it somehow deleted my information and is recognizing me as a new user.

Is there any way I could recover that information??  I spent a lot of time crafting my lists...and it sucks to lose them.  Plus I was thinking of upgrading in the next couple months.  Not really something I care to do if it's going to be this easy to lose my information...

Please let me know where I can e-mail you my information so I can hopefully get this straightened out.

Thanks!!

~Tricia 

164 Replies

@sweetlocs and @user-removed - get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can to sort your accounts out. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you Adam. Going to try your steps. Thanks so much for fast response

Hi all,

Same prblem with my account, I just deleted my FB account and boom...

How can I retrieve my playlist ? As I never share those even int my timeline.

Many thanks for your help.

whiktar

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Probably easiest to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get this sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey, I lost my playlists exactly like her and i also started a duplicate account. Also the username i had was a long number i forgot. Do you think i could get my playlists back? I was stupid to unlink it from facebook. If you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

@user-removed if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get those restored for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hej i disconnected facebook in spotify and now my plaulist is gone 😞 i tried to log on with 11122567435 but it stille didn´t come back.. Can you help??

Thanks!

@11122567435 - Get in touch with customer support as I outlined directly above and a member of the team will be able to help you get back to your original account.

Peter

Hello - like Tricia - when I unlinked my Facebook account from my Spotify account I lost all of my playlists.  I've relinked my Facebook account, but my playlists are still gone.  Can you help me?

@user-removed wrote:

Ugh, I can't believe I messed with this. I thought unlinking my Facebook would refresh some of the Facebook Social information (recently friended someone and didn't see his information on Spotify).  Unfortunately I guess I originally created my account with Facebook so when I did this it somehow deleted my information and is recognizing me as a new user.

Is there any way I could recover that information??  I spent a lot of time crafting my lists...and it sucks to lose them.  Plus I was thinking of upgrading in the next couple months.  Not really something I care to do if it's going to be this easy to lose my information...

Please let me know where I can e-mail you my information so I can hopefully get this straightened out.

Thanks!!

~Tricia 

@user-removed Use the same contact form. The support staff love fixing these issues 🙂

Hi, I also lost all my playlists on my facebook account and I would like to have them back : / 

Lost my playlists and my premium subscription, but still charging my credit card. Did what was suggested in FAQ but didn't work. Emailed support 3 weeks ago but was told to come here. What the heck??? Sounds like a class action lawsuit here.

@user-removed - If you could reply directly to the automated email which directed you here even if it says not to a member of the support team will be able to lend you a hand as soon as possible. 

Also just FYI, if you are a resident in the US you waived your right to take part in a class action lawsuit against Spotify when you registered to use the service. 

Peter

I'm having the same problem, I unlinked my account from facebook, but I don't think I ever created a Spotify account aside from my Facebook login. I tried to reset my password or username, but I can't do either.

How did you unlink your account exactly?

Peter

I went to my settings and I thought I was telling Spotify to not post what I was listening to on my Facebook, but now I can't get into my account at all.

If you where able to disconnect from inside the desktop client you must have a Spotify username style account. 😉 

If you don't know your username to log back in again, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to track it down. 

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi, I logged out of Facebook on my account because my feed was broken and I couldn't share anything, and now I've logged back in and I've lost all my playlists.  Help!

@bstephen7 - It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will need to lend a hand to get you back to your account. 

Peter

This EXACT thing happened to me! I don't know how to recover my old playlists.  I'd like to pretend I was cool with that but I'm relatively certain spotify is as much a part of my life as coffee: ever present. Please help! 

Suggested posts