Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Solved!

Help, I unlinked Facebook and lost all my Playlists!

Ugh, I can't believe I messed with this. I thought unlinking my Facebook would refresh some of the Facebook Social information (recently friended someone and didn't see his information on Spotify).  Unfortunately I guess I originally created my account with Facebook so when I did this it somehow deleted my information and is recognizing me as a new user.

Is there any way I could recover that information??  I spent a lot of time crafting my lists...and it sucks to lose them.  Plus I was thinking of upgrading in the next couple months.  Not really something I care to do if it's going to be this easy to lose my information...

Please let me know where I can e-mail you my information so I can hopefully get this straightened out.

Thanks!!

~Tricia 

164 Replies

If your spotify username is a 10 digit number, it was created with a facebook login and can't be disconnected from facebook. Try logging out and back in with your facebook details. If you really don't want your account linked to facebook, you'll need to create a new account with a spotify username then get in touch with spotify for help in moving your playlists over.

There is also a DIY tutorial here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hey richard. i'm having the same issue here.

can you delete my duplicate account? i had premium account and now it's free and all my playlists, followers are gone.

my email adress > [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

i created new account in order to check my original account. it's somewhere there but i cannot log in. 

hope you can help me, best.

Please use the online contact formand someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@ulasdt wrote:

hey richard. i'm having the same issue here.

can you delete my duplicate account? i had premium account and now it's free and all my playlists, followers are gone.

my email adress > ulas.dt@windowslive.com

i created new account in order to check my original account. it's somewhere there but i cannot log in. 

hope you can help me, best.

Just going to hide that email address to stop you from getting any spam. 😉

Peter

Please help!

My facebook was used to log into my account, and i have lost everything as someone who had my account logged into on their ipad has 'logged out' and made their own account.

Please help! I have an extensive playlist list and saved/starred music, and its very annoying that ive lost it all!!

Don't panic! Just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hey spotify community, I have( i think) the same problem , I used to connect to my spotify by loging in in facebook , then , I unlinked my fb account and spotify and when I tried to log in in spotify all my playlists ( specially the one with 900 or more songs) weren't in my account anymore , the same thing for all my songs , please help me to recover my songs!

I also need some help with this fb unlinking problem because i lost all my songs and my 900 song playlist so i need it back please help me!

I also need some help with this fb unlinking problem because i lost all my songs and my 900 song playlist so i need it back please help me! PD: I allways connected to spotify in my pc by writting my facebook's email and passsword.

Oh and also the email that I was using was : <snip>

I hope u can help me soon , thanks.

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

@Banganana - I've replied to your other post here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/My-spotify-account-is-through-my-Fac...

Peter

Hi Peter, similar problem here. Disconnecting from Facebook removed playlists, starred items and everything else from my profile. Would not have done it if I had known 😕 My username ist alexkmhs. Do you reckon you could help me? Cheers, Alex

@user-removed - Can you not log in using that username and your Spotify password rather than Facebook?

Peter

HELP! I am unsure if I joined Spotify through facebook or not because its been so long, all i know is that all of my playlists are missing from Spotify now that I am back on facebook. Did I somehow cross-link everything? I miss my playlists, please help me fix this!

@y101mina - What devices have you been using Spotify on? I can probably instruct you on how to retrieve your username from some of the installed files.

Peter

Hi can someone please help me. I tried deleted my fb and it somehow unlinked my spotify and created another account on spotify. I have a spotify premium account, but I cannot access it becaue It keeps signing me into this free spotify account it created me. I do not know how to log back into my spotify premium account now and it is very frustrating because I can seach my other premium account on spotify, but I can't log into it. all my playlist are on that account and I am paying for it so I'd like to access it. thanks

Hello,

I did the same thing as many unfortunate people here and split my spotify account from FB. I'm afraid i might have created a duplicate account as well, which now does not contain any of my playlists. 
My original username 11159719501 is not usable anymore as it seems and my E-Mail-Addy does only lead me to that new account which does not contain my stuff. Mail address is HeikeBrinkmann@web.de. I would really appreciate if you could help me somehow.

Thank you!

@user-removed @Lakritze - It sounds like both of you have set up duplicate accounts which is why your old accounts are no longer accessible. Unfortunately it isn't something we can fix here on the community, so you will need to get in touch with Spotify support. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I just did this and am in the same boat!  I can log in with facebook, but all my playlists are gone.  I can't remember my password and it's not recognizing any of my email addresses. When I log in with my Facebook account, my username and profile pic look the same as they always have, but I have NO information.  What's even more frustrating is that it kicked my out on my iPhone as well, so I can't even recreate playlists.  It's really disheartening.  And I can't seem to get any help on the help page.  Any suggestions?

Suggested posts