Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My account can no longer be used abroad, but I'm not abroad!

Help! My account can no longer be used abroad, but I'm not abroad!

I actually made my account while I was on vacation in The Philippines, so my location was automatically set in the Philippines. Now that I'm back in the U.S., I guess my account was registered as abroad. Now it says that in order to continue using the account, I have to upgrade to a premium account. I have already tried changing the country in my profile, but after I save it still says the Philippines instead of USA. How can I correct this so that I can still access my account without subscribing to spotify premium?

*edit: I tried editing the country thing again and now it's listing USA as my country. I logged out of spotify and logged in again; all my songs are there and it's working fine at the moment. Hopefully it stays this way.

3 Replies

Glad you got it working! You never have to subscribe to premium to continue using your account. All you have to do is change the country.

Please post back if you run into the problem again.

Enjoy Spotify! 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Now i'm having the same problem! I can't do anything besides upgrade to a new account what do I do 😞

@agmartinez511 - Will it let you select the right country on your online profile?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts