Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Solved!

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Hi There, 

My Favorites have all been deleted, but my playlists have not been affected. 

Can anyone at Spotify retrieve my Favorites? 

Max

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

awesome, they're back. Thanks!!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem! It would be awesome if my favorites could be fixed! 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi Richard,

Im having the same problems as the people above could you revert my favorites to their original glory?

Its over 2 years of favorites that are gone so that sucks.

It happend after i logged in on a new computer, do you have any idea whats the cause of this?

Marked as solution

ejay - it looks like 313 items went missing from your starred tracks, but they should have now returned. Is that the case?

ShiftyParadigm - glad to hear everything's ok now, sounds like this was just a temporary blip.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

@SacreBleu wrote:

Hello, I seem to be having the same error, granted I just reinstalled my computer, are my favorites stored locally?

Or is this just a filthy bug that annoys?

I can see over 100 starred tracks on your account at the moment. How many are showing up for you?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

My favourites have also went away too, but all my playlists are there. Help?

153 Replies

Same problem here. All of my favorites are deleted except for the 30 most recent added tracks!

Hey guys! I've looked at both of your accounts and think I've tracked them down for you. I've sent you emails explaining about what to do next - Just check your inbox. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

My favorites are gone too! How do I get them back??

Hey fenglong, welcome to the Community.

Here's what I was able to recover: -snip-

Let me know if there's anything missing.

[edit: took out the link]

Marked as solution

awesome, they're back. Thanks!!
Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem! It would be awesome if my favorites could be fixed! 🙂

crazycreamsicle - I've just reverted your starred tracks to before they were deleted. They should all be back now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

They're all back! Thank you so much!

Help! I lost my favorites too... How is that possible?

Hey eli31, here's what I was able to recover: eli31 starred

Same problem here. I too also think it did happen on about the same time as thread starter.

jkjk, are you sure you're signing into the right account? You've got the duplicate issue I've detailed here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

So try just logging in with 'jkjk' as your username and let me know how you get on.

Hm.

I've never used anything other than my good old spotify user (no facebook login). Yes, it's connected to facebook, but I don't use the facebook credentials when I login.

I'm also using spotyxbmc2, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it? Using the same username there, and it worked perfectly fine until around the date mentioned.

I often login on several clients at once. For instance playing from spotfyxbmc2 while adding tracks to playlist on the spotify client on my laptop. But since it's the same user account, this should't matter ... I think. 

When logging in with the jkjk account (and I have no other as far as I know), I only get the few favorites I have added after the list disappeared, and those only. All my playlists and other setup are exactly as they've always have been, so no problem there. It's just the favorites that are gone.

jkjk, are these the tracks you were looking for? jkjk starred

These are not the droids you are looking for! ^^ 

Just kidding, that's it. 🙂

Still don't understand what has happend. 

Ha, you are totally the first person to get that reference so far.

And I'm not sure what's causing the starred tracks to disappear. It's easy enough to restore them in most cases, but I'd still like to get to the bottom of it.

Marked as solution

Hi Richard,

Im having the same problems as the people above could you revert my favorites to their original glory?

Its over 2 years of favorites that are gone so that sucks.

It happend after i logged in on a new computer, do you have any idea whats the cause of this?

Hey,

I'm having the same problem, about half of my favourites list has dissappeared. Everything I starred before a date in 14/11/2010. I haven't used the playlist for a couple of weeks so it might have happened back then.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this.

Edit: The Problem has been fixed. If this was you then well done. Now I just have to resync 200 odd tracks.

Marked as solution

ejay - it looks like 313 items went missing from your starred tracks, but they should have now returned. Is that the case?

ShiftyParadigm - glad to hear everything's ok now, sounds like this was just a temporary blip.

Suggested posts