Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Solved!

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Hi There, 

My Favorites have all been deleted, but my playlists have not been affected. 

Can anyone at Spotify retrieve my Favorites? 

Max

153 Replies

@lbaxley wrote:

I do not have a 'favorites' playlist, can you please help me get one back? Thank you.

Do you mean your Starred tracks? Or a playlist called "favorites" ?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

How do I get back the people I had put on as favorites in the upper right hand corner of Spotify.  Also, I feel like I am not getting as many friends listening to songs in the scroll on the right side. Has Spotify made it easier for people to not share what they're listening to (similar to Facebook privacy policies)?

@sappy02 wrote:

How do I get back the people I had put on as favorites in the upper right hand corner of Spotify.  Also, I feel like I am not getting as many friends listening to songs in the scroll on the right side. Has Spotify made it easier for people to not share what they're listening to (similar to Facebook privacy policies)?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you have been updated to the new v0.8.8 client (Help > About) then the favourites at the top of the activities bar has been removed. 

This new version of Spotify brought changes in how the Activity bar and Spotify social work. Now, instead of seeing all of your Facebook friends activity, you see the activity of any People, Artists or Playlists which you follow. You can manage who you Follow from the new Follow tab which will be on the left side of your client. You can also follow any person, artist or playlist by pressing the "Follow" button on the page. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My favorites are gone too, can they still be restored? Thanks!

@lndrscom wrote:

My favorites are gone too, can they still be restored? Thanks!

I've just restored a load of your Starred tracks - if that's what you were referring to.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

The issue does not seem to be that things are gone from your servers but that the OS X spotify client forgets what should be available offline. When I went back online with the laptop everything reappeared (and was automatically marked as available offline). So I put this down as a freak event. Unfortunately, this has happened again a few times after that. I go offline only to find all music has disappeared. Once online again everything is immediately available (and marked as an offline playlist). Sometimes everything is gone but sometimes only a few songs, and I can't really find a pattern.

This hasn't occurred elsewhere only with the OS X client (running Lion in case that's of interest, and always the latest version of the spotify app). And it's not that I had been offline too long. I use spotify regularly on the laptop.

So for now I'll put this down as a bug in the OS X app and will avoid using it offline.

Hi all,

I've accidentally remove 97% of my favouties songs 😞

Could you help me to recover those?

Thank you so much for your great opportunity

Adriano!

Hello there! 

I've got the same problem.

When I installed the new Spotify app (the one with the new logo/icon) on my Mac and I logged in with my Facebook account...all my FAV songs Followers and so on disapeared. It's like a brand new account with nothing in it!

Can you help me?

Thanks!!

@user-removed wrote:

Hello there! 

I've got the same problem.

When I installed the new Spotify app (the one with the new logo/icon) on my Mac and I logged in with my Facebook account...all my FAV songs Followers and so on disapeared. It's like a brand new account with nothing in it!

Can you help me?

Thanks!!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like you have logged into a different account, can you try the steps in this post which should get you back to your original account. 

Peter

Peter

Hi peter!

Unfortunately i'm logged in with the good one (the facebbok one) I had another account with the same mail connected but I didn't use it since 6 month now, so the Fav songs in there are not updated. My new account (the one with facebook email and password) is completly empty from fav to followers...but I just want my FAV songs back...Never mind the rest.

Thanks

If you get in touch with customer services here they should be able to get that sorted for you. 

Peter

Peter

ok, thank you Peter

My recently added favorites don't show up while the older ones are still there

@niekvandenbergh wrote:

My recently added favorites don't show up while the older ones are still there

When you say favourites do you mean starred tracks? If so what device are they not appearing on?

Peter

Peter

Yes sorry, I mean starred tracks. They only appear on the PC I added them, but they don't show up on my phone and a different PC.

Are you using client (desktop) version 0.9.0.133 (Help/Spotify > About)? 

If so, it sounds like you have hit a rather nasty playlist synchronisation bug. It has been corrected in v0.9.1.43 which is currently rolling out, so it should fix itself once you get that update (which should be soon!). For now, I would suggest you use another playlist instead of starred on the desktop and make sure you don't make any large changes to any playlists (more than 332 tracks at a time). 

Peter

Peter

Is there a way you could delete my starred songs. It keeps showing different songs on my phone and pc. I have a backup list, so i can easily add them again. Its really confusing to have different lists at the same time

How large is the discrepancy between the computer you are using when starring those tracks? This may be down to starred local files that are stored on the computer in question not being present on the other devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Well i deleted my favorites on my pc and wanted to add them again, but in lower amounts several times. But the favorites on my mobile don't change at all. And because I now have 1600 starred songs on my phone it will take too long to delete them one by one. Playlists do keep updated though.

Could you just delete all my starred songs so I can add them again?

I'm having the same problem! All of my favourites and playlists are gone. I deactivated my facebook account, but everytime I logged into spotify facebook would be activated again. I did not want that so I deleted the spotify app from my facebook. Since then my account suddenly got downgraded from premium to free, and all of my beloved discoveries that I have made over the past year. Can somebody please help me!? I want them back really badly!

Suggested posts