Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Solved!

Help! My favorites have been deleted

Hi There, 

My Favorites have all been deleted, but my playlists have not been affected. 

Can anyone at Spotify retrieve my Favorites? 

Max

153 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

I'm having the same problem! All of my favourites and playlists are gone. I deactivated my facebook account, but everytime I logged into spotify facebook would be activated again. I did not want that so I deleted the spotify app from my facebook. Since then my account suddenly got downgraded from premium to free, and all of my beloved discoveries that I have made over the past year. Can somebody please help me!? I want them back really badly!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account.

If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly as they will need to move your playlists over to a new account for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to do as outlined in the link. But I think I have already disconnected my facebook to spotify. When I go to preferences, you are referring to the box which says 'share my activity and what I listen to on facebook'?  That has already been deativated, but my account hasn't changed. So I guess next up is customer service support..

Hi Spotify!

After last softwareupdate all my favorites are gone (on all devices). All of my other playlists are still there. I followed the instructions posted somewhere in this thread, but it did not solve my problem. I use only my Spotify account and have not connected to facebook. My Spotify username is yvo.de.vries.

Can someone please help me get them back?

Hiya. I can see your playlists although they took forever to load, which suggests something is not quite right. If you're sure you're using the correct login credentials, I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

@yvodevries wrote:

Hi Spotify!

After last softwareupdate all my favorites are gone (on all devices). All of my other playlists are still there. I followed the instructions posted somewhere in this thread, but it did not solve my problem. I use only my Spotify account and have not connected to facebook. My Spotify username is yvo.de.vries.

Can someone please help me get them back?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. I did already fill in a form days ago but havent got a response so far. I'll fill in the other one as well and hopefully get a reply this time.

@yvodevries wrote:

I did already fill in a form days ago but havent got a response so far. I'll fill in the other one as well and hopefully get a reply this time.

I can't find a support query from your Community email address from a few days ago but the case you created this morning will get answered by one of our lovely support team soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Jep, I got a reply. Thats very fast, I am pleased with that. Hopefully Joyce can help me out here. Cheers!

hello spotify,

it seems that all my favorites has been lost.

can you help me out?

much appreciated!

thanks

Jobbe

Hi. Please follow the steps outlined in this post.

I have this same problem too, my favorites are all gone. and the people who followed me/who i followed are gone too. All this by logging into my mobile phone, and connecting my facebook account to it. I was logged in on my phone on a new account to try the premium trial, i connected my facebook account, logged out and now when i log into spotify using facebook everything is gone... 

@ashkan45 wrote:

I have this same problem too, my favorites are all gone. and the people who followed me/who i followed are gone too. All this by logging into my mobile phone, and connecting my facebook account to it. I was logged in on my phone on a new account to try the premium trial, i connected my facebook account, logged out and now when i log into spotify using facebook everything is gone... 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to help you get everything restored. It sounds like your playlists where lost when your accounts got merged, so they will still be in the system somewhere just not accessable on your account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hey,

My old favorites (range 1,5 years to 2 weeks) have somehow been deleted.

is it possible for me to retreive them? 

Yours sincerely,

Jraad

Hey @Jraad ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have created a duplicate account in the system recently which is why all of your old tracks seemingly vanished. If you could drop the customer services team an email directly using the online contact form they should be able to get those restored for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thank You,

I think thats the problem, beqause my girlfrend recently made an account (not sure if she made it on my laptop though)

I don't have this problem of a double account, but still a big amount of my favorite tracks disappeared.

Is it in any way possible to restore them? Was over a 2 years of work.

Would be helpfull

Johannes

@JohannesM - Drop the team an email directly using the online contact form and they should be able to restore them for you. 

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Could you take a look at my account? My favourites have been disappeared as well after I was unable to login to Spotify on a new computer. 
My access data WERE correct, but somehow another login screen appeared that made me choose either between 'I'm new to spotify' or 'I have a spotify account'. When I tried to login there I failed time and time again until  I tried to choose the 'I'm new to spotify' option. 
Which led me to the application and my account on the righthand side seemed like it wasfunctioning but when I clicked the Favourites tab there was nothing there..

Really frustrated with this, please help.

My accountnumber is 11133020981

Thank you beforehand!

Hey @partlysaint ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you have accidentally setup a duplicate account tied to your Facebook details. It's an annoying issue and it most likely wasn't your fault so don't panic. If you could drop the Spotify support guys a quick email the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your music. 😉

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi, was there a string provided to help a user recover deleted "favorites."  I had installed the app on my computer and missed it 🙂  Since reinstalling it, it deleted what I had starred.  I am using the same FB log in info as before.  Thanks!

I upgraded my spotify last night and my favorites have all been deleted! How do I get them back?

Suggested posts