Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horror - double payment, no premium & no support by Spotify!

Horror - double payment, no premium & no support by Spotify!

I use Spotify since the beginning of the year.

As I do have no Spotify username and pass I use the Facebook login.

Around two months ago I somehow lost my premium account.

But I still do pay for one by credit card!

Even more they do now charge my card twice a month and suggest I do have two premium accounts!

My login via Facebook does work but I do only have a free account with ads all the time.

- Hotline does not exist...

- Chat: does not exist (strangely)...

- Email / Contact via homepage: I did never receive any reply other than an automated answer from their system

At present I see no other chance than to let freeze my credit card.

They charged my all in around 40 Euros for no service at all!!!

So far.

Greetz David

6 Replies

...just to let you know...others have the same issues, too!

a message from another post (this user suffered an 8 months double payment period...)

update 5.7.14  : 

Beyond furious right now.  No replies to any emails, and I've just been charged twice AGAIN after removing the subscription status of this account.  This is some of the worst support I've ever received (though i've received NO help at all).

Sorry, but this is ignorant & poor.

And another one:

"Hi ! 

I changed my subscribtion a month ago, and on my creditcard check i pay for my old 5 euro subscribtion. and my new premium subscribtion. 

what do i need to do ? 

please help 🙂

greetings Ruben"

And another one:

"Dear Community,

I´ve requested help by the contact form (multiple times) but did not even get a CASE Number.

I had created my PREMIUM ACCOUNT some months ago. It worked quite well and I had my PLAYLISTS.

Still the PREMIUM ACCOUNT is booked.

When entering SPOTIFY I see that my account is a "FREE" one and all my PLAYLISTS are gone !!!

I read that sometimes two accounts are running at the same time ? As I am still paying money for my premium account it should be somewhere ... Please help !!!

Thank you !!!"

To add to the line of identical problems (another user):

"I am having a huge problem and am currently waiting for spotify to contact me. Yesterday I tried to upgrade my account to premium with no success, It kept saying I was on the free account so after hours of fighting it I finally just gave up. Then this morning I woke up to find out that Spotify Charged my bank account 3 times for 12.99 which I thought the premium was only 9.99 a month. regardless I am so upset that I can not find a darn phone number for these people. I dont care what their reasons are you run a business where you charge people money you need to have a customer service line so that when things like this happen which from what I am reading they happen way more often then they should that the customer can get a hold of someone to get it sorted out right away rather then wating for an email response. If there is someone from spotify on here I need to be contacted right away. This is absolutly rediculous and unprofessional."

I stop here collecting the same issues from other users over and over again. It is just a nightmare.

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. Happened last week. 

So this is the order of things; I chose to pay the subscription through T-Mobile.

I couldn't pay it cash through T-mobile, I made the payment with debit card. Even have the email receipt to prove the order went through!

I called T-mobile and told them that I had made the payment separately and they took off the Spotify charge from my monthly phone bill.

Somehow, yesterday we find out that Spotify charged the debit card 3 times and it froze the account because I only had exaclty 5$ in the debit card.

OKAY, THIS IS THE WORST PART. I LOG IN RIGHT NOW TO THE APP, AND I CANT PLAY MUSIC OFFLINE.

I login to desktop AND GUESS WHAT? I HAVE NO MORE PREMIUM!

No more premium! After Spotify USA charged the debit card 3 times and Bank of America froze the card and have to pay over 30$ fee to obtain a new card number.

UNBELIEVABLE.

I no longer support this service. I do not expect this level of disapppointment from a service that I have happily been using for 3 months. 

When you get in touch via the contact form, if you reply directly to the automated email which contains your case number (don't open a new case via the contact form) that will often speed things along.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts