Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I keep Facebook deactivated?

Solved!

How can I keep Facebook deactivated?

Okay, so I want to keep my facebook deactivated, but when I log into Spotify it reactivates my Facebook. Is there a way to keep Facebook deactivated and use spotify?

I don't mind even linking my account with a new facebook account that has no friends added. I just want my current Facebook with all my friends to be deactived for the time being.

Thanks

54 Replies

What about my subscription. Do I lose the money I already paid

I just want to keep Fb. Deactivated.
& continue using my only email.
This is getting frustrating after a year of not using spotify I'm going to uninstall it again (only been using it for a month) because you make something so simple so complex. I can't even deactivate my current account to make a new one without logging in with Fb.. ADD A DEACTIVATE BUTTON.

Hello, So i had this problem an i was able to fix it. THIS is what I DID an it WORKED!

1.) Make a NEW SPOTIFY on a NEW EMAIL ..so a CLEAN spotify 

2. ) Keep facebook activated 

3.) Log into your FACEBOOK spotify 

4.) Every album you wanna save * COPY URL and send it to your NEW EMAIL for SPOTIFY 

5.) Log out of spotify , LOG into new spotfy 

6.) Go to Email that you sent the URLS to an CLICK and Follow 

7.) Go back a deactivate FACEBOOK,  Now you have a new spotify with all your old albums WITH facebook  being DECATIVATED 

8.) HOPE IT HELPS OTHER AN ENJOY ; ) 

Hello, So i had this problem an i was able to fix it. THIS is what I DID an it WORKED!

1.) Make a NEW SPOTIFY on a NEW EMAIL ..so a CLEAN spotify 

2. ) Keep facebook activated 

3.) Log into your FACEBOOK spotify 

4.) Every album you wanna save * COPY URL and send it to your NEW EMAIL for SPOTIFY 

5.) Log out of spotify , LOG into new spotfy 

6.) Go to Email that you sent the URLS to an CLICK and Follow 

7.) Go back a deactivate FACEBOOK,  Now you have a new spotify with all your old albums WITH facebook  being DECATIVATED 

8.) HOPE IT HELPS OTHER AN ENJOY ; ) 

Since u **bleep**ers reactivated my facebook, you can deactivate it as well.
This is so far from ok. You have no clue what dammage this has created!! I can reactivate my own **bleep**ing Facebook myself. Does Facebook pay for my subscription??
Sob's!!!

Can u dearly disgard my old Spotify account to I can re-use my email when it's disactivated.

It's been over 3 years since this has been a problem with many people expressing their dissatisfaction and very few who are happy to create a brand new account.

This is perhaps due to the overreach of your "social integration", ie the data of which that user-link provides, may be too valuable for you to sacrifice, or vice versa, Facebook will not allow this.
So there is a problem that has gone of for a very long period of time, which tells me that Spotify don't wish to fix the problem because it's not in their business interests. Or it could just be incompetence.

Either way there is a disregard for the user experience as is evident by the comments in this section.
Who am I kidding, if Spotify wanted to solve this they could have done it immediately. If social integration is so valuable to them, i can't believe that when I finally came here to close the account off, Spotify told me that while I get charged $15 per month, it's $10 a month if I sign up a new account.
Well you could have let me know sometime in all the months that I paid 50% overs, you greedy swines have no business in anybody's Facebook account.

Good riddance.

To remove link between them.

-Remove any phone numbers on your facebook account

-create a disposable email address (search in google)

-remove previous email after verifiying the disposable one

-change username

-change password, use a random one by copy and paste ex: jsdfozsdithfrepggǯ

-go to security and select deactivate your account, select reason and make sure to opt out of emails and messenger

-Your account will no longer activate.

I dont understand where on my account page I should go to create a "device password".

Change email by using a disposable email (search in Google) remove phone
number, that should be it

This doesn't work.  I entered my numerical device username and clicked "password reset."  Spotify then said: "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify.  To change your Facebook password go to your setting page at facebook.com"  

You should have the option to use email address instead of facebook

Hello,

I've just tried this and none of my playlists are showing. So I've been able to log-in to Spotify with my new password from that link and it has kept my Facebook account deactivated but have lost all of my music. What have I done wrong? not the best with IT so any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

I had this exact issue. I contacted them via their live chat option on the help section of the Android app (I am a premium family member) and they fixed it in a few minutes. You may need to be next to a desktop computer (rather than using your phone as there is some ingformation they may need you can only access via computer) in order to solve.

The customer support was instant and excellent.

Suggested posts