Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I unlink my Facebook from my Spotify profile.

How can I unlink my Facebook from my Spotify profile.

I love Spotify and I pay for it but I am not a fan of Facebook anymore. I would like to deactivate my Facebook account but keep my Spotify account. I know that they are linked and is there any way that I can unlink them? I don't want to lose my playlists or create a new account. How can I do this?

2 Replies

@BrittaCarson wrote:

I love Spotify and I pay for it but I am not a fan of Facebook anymore. I would like to deactivate my Facebook account but keep my Spotify account. I know that they are linked and is there any way that I can unlink them? I don't want to lose my playlists or create a new account. How can I do this?

Did you register with facebook? If so, there is no way to unlink except make a new account. If not, then go to the bottom of the preferences page 🙂

Liam

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you created your account using Facebook, there is no way to disconnect that account from Facebook, they are forever tied. If you have a Spotify username and password style account, you can disconnect from the preferences menu of the Desktop client. 

To migrate over to an account not connected to Facebook if you currently have a Facebook account, you will need a new account there is no other way. There are two ways you can go about this, there is a DIY tutorial here or you can get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in getting everything moved over. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts