Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I access Free Spotify on my Windows Phone?

Solved!

How do I access Free Spotify on my Windows Phone?

I have a free account.  I recently installed the Spotify app for Windows Phone 8 and was able to access my music and play it without problem. 

Today, I received an email saying that I have exhausted my 48-hour Premium account free trial and asking if I want to try the Premium account free for another 30 days. 

How exactly does the Spotify Windows Phone app work?  I simply want to access my free account on my phone, not try out the Premium account.  Is there a way to do this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Community noblerare! i'm afraid not. to stream or download songs for offline on Mobile Devices requires Spotify Premium and the Windows app doesn't support radio

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Community noblerare! i'm afraid not. to stream or download songs for offline on Mobile Devices requires Spotify Premium and the Windows app doesn't support radio

Thank you for your response, Michael.

That's too bad.  I have been listening to my Spotify playlists from computer to computer and was hoping to be able to take my playlist on the road.  Any possibility that this functionality will be introduced in future updates?  🙂

You can search for it under the ideas section, and if it hasn't already been posted you can post the idea to get the ball rolling if you know what I mean.

Didn´t they have an ad that you can use spotify for free on mobile devices?

Yes, but Spotify free mobile is currently only available on iOS 6+ and android 2.3+.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

does anyone know when its going to be free for windows phone platform, now there is only the 48 hour free trial.

Spotify announced Windows Phone updates coming "this spring" so I guess it should be soon:
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts