Music Fan
chellievista
Accepted Solution

How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Spotify
David

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

[ Edited ]

If they have a Spotify account, you could locate them with their username, by using the following technique - 

Type the following code into the Spotify search bar - spotify:user:[username] (replacing [username] with their Spotify username), and you should be able to locate their account. For example, to find your account, type in spotify:user:chellievista and press enter, and your account will appear.

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
tane

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

David - just to clarify, are you saying there is no way to find a user just based on their email address?

Spotify Legend
Jude

Allowing identification of users by email address would be a breach of privacy, unless each user specifically agreed to it.

Email your friend, and ask them to send you a link to one of their playlists.

Music Lover
ColdSummer

"spotify:user: [username]" does not work. Why is this so difficult??? Im annoyed.

Peter
Kudos: 11,149
Solutions: 3,114

ColdSummer wrote:

"spotify:user: [username]" does not work. Why is this so difficult??? Im annoyed.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Do you get an error message? Are you sure you are searching with a dedicated Spotify username? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
ColdSummer

Yes I get an error message that says " Load user error"

Music Fan
GodfreyBK

I was having similar trouble adding one of my friends because he gave me the wrong username.  So I just typed out "spotify:user:godfreybk" in an email and told him to copy and paste into his search function.  It worked immediately.  So as long as you know your own username, I would suggest doing that.

Music Fan
fornbogi

This sounds like a pro feature. I would reccomend a better user friendly approach to adding friends or people you want to follow.

It's like the most basic feature I've always expected to find, but never found...

Concert Regular

I use Spotify every day, and spotify:user:xxxxxxxxx ' is not working, has something to do with numbers and not with a name..!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.