Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get my spotify library into my local files?

How do I get my spotify library into my local files?

I just purchased spotify premium thinking that I could add my current spotify library into my local files so that I can sync that music into my ipod. When I sync my music into my ipod it only allows local files to be synced not all my music in spotify. Can anyone help? Can we even do this? I don't want to pay for the service if I can't do this.

8 Replies

Hello there iball! 

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Simply put, you cannot transfer your Spotify tracks to your iPod's native Music Player. However, the iOS Apps store has a Spotify App that allows you to sync your already created playlists automatically. Once downloaded and signed in with your Spotify Account. From there you are able to stream your playlists and any other music in the Spotify Catalogue over wi-fi, 3G, and EDGE, you can download your playlists to be playable offline..

You can download that app here, from the iTunes Store.  

I'd be happy to answer an[y additional questions you may have 🙂 -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

thats wat i am also try to find out

@Jenlovesya4ever wrote:

thats wat i am also try to find out

It is not possible to download your tracks and playlists from the spotify catalogue as files that you can use outside of the Spotify client. If you wish to download tracks as local files, so that you can use them on an iPod (classic/nano/shuffle) or another device then you need to purchase and download those tracks from another source as downloading tracks as mp3 files is not part of Spotify premium. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I bought an ipod and I bought spotify premium to get music on my ipod without hving to pay the reduculous prises of itunes. I also dont have any local files on this computer. So basically there is no possible way to get spotify music onto my ipod? If not, is there a website that you can point me to that will allow me to do this? Thank You.

This is only possible with an ipod touch although currently there's a bug with 6th and 7th generation devices using the lightning connector. Other ipods can only be used to store local tracks which you own and are on your PC.

@cprince0825 wrote:

I bought an ipod and I bought spotify premium to get music on my ipod without hving to pay the reduculous prises of itunes. I also dont have any local files on this computer. So basically there is no possible way to get spotify music onto my ipod? If not, is there a website that you can point me to that will allow me to do this? Thank You.

Thanks Peter,

I have a nano ipod 8gb model ma980zp.

Very frustrating as I have now deleted all files off the ipod (to sync) and I only use spotify for downloading under premium.

I don't want to pay for the songs twice - the only option would be to cancel spotify and go with itunes....? Which I don't want to do as I get spotify as part of my mobile package.

Or convert the spotify files into mp3s? Anyone know where I can find this software?

When will spotify and itunes talk to each other?

Too much politics, not enough common sense. 🙂

Paul the kiwi.

thanks

I HAVE SPOTIFY. I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER AND PLAY ON WINDOW MEDIA. WOULD ANYONE HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THIS. HOW DO I TRANSFER OR DOWNLOAD MY PLAYLISTS FROM SPOTIFY TO MY MUSIC ON MY COMPUTER.

Suggested posts