Close
Music Fan
iball1407

How do I get my spotify library into my local files?

I just purchased spotify premium thinking that I could add my current spotify library into my local files so that I can sync that music into my ipod. When I sync my music into my ipod it only allows local files to be synced not all my music in spotify. Can anyone help? Can we even do this? I don't want to pay for the service if I can't do this.

Internet Hit
Grayson

Re: How do I get my spotify library into my local files?

[ Edited ]

Hello there iball! 

Welcome to the Community :-)

Simply put, you cannot transfer your Spotify tracks to your iPod's native Music Player. However, the iOS Apps store has a Spotify App that allows you to sync your already created playlists automatically. Once downloaded and signed in with your Spotify Account. From there you are able to stream your playlists and any other music in the Spotify Catalogue over wi-fi, 3G, and EDGE, you can download your playlists to be playable offline..

You can download that app here, from the iTunes Store.  

I'd be happy to answer an[y additional questions you may have :-) -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Music Fan
Jenlovesya4ever

thats wat i am also try to find out

Peter
Kudos: 9,390
Solutions: 2,602

Jenlovesya4ever wrote:

thats wat i am also try to find out

It is not possible to download your tracks and playlists from the spotify catalogue as files that you can use outside of the Spotify client. If you wish to download tracks as local files, so that you can use them on an iPod (classic/nano/shuffle) or another device then you need to purchase and download those tracks from another source as downloading tracks as mp3 files is not part of Spotify premium. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
cprince0825

I bought an ipod and I bought spotify premium to get music on my ipod without hving to pay the reduculous prises of itunes. I also dont have any local files on this computer. So basically there is no possible way to get spotify music onto my ipod? If not, is there a website that you can point me to that will allow me to do this? Thank You.

jwylot

This is only possible with an ipod touch although currently there's a bug with 6th and 7th generation devices using the lightning connector. Other ipods can only be used to store local tracks which you own and are on your PC.

cprince0825 wrote:

I bought an ipod and I bought spotify premium to get music on my ipod without hving to pay the reduculous prises of itunes. I also dont have any local files on this computer. So basically there is no possible way to get spotify music onto my ipod? If not, is there a website that you can point me to that will allow me to do this? Thank You.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.