Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

Solved!

How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

I recently canceled my my premium subscription and would like to permanently delete my Spotify account. As expected, Spotify does not provide ANY help on how to do this. And I can not find an answer in the forums either. I have sent Spotify an e-mail with this question but from everything I have read on other websites Spotify is horrible about answering, especially when it comes to deleting the account. Anyone who knows how to go about this please reply 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Izzy88 - We're not that horrible. If you'd like to delete your account, just contact Customer Support through the contact form. Just head to 'About us' above, you'll see the contact form there. They'll sort it out as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

66 Replies

I'm not sure if this is the standard method, but check out this post here:  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/unconnected-to-facebook/m-p/13257#M...

Marked as solution

Izzy88 - We're not that horrible. If you'd like to delete your account, just contact Customer Support through the contact form. Just head to 'About us' above, you'll see the contact form there. They'll sort it out as soon as they can.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Why do we have to contact you to delete our account? Please tell me where is the sense in that.

As I am not an employee of Spotify, I can not really speak from their point of view, but I would imagine that at least in part, you must contact Spotify to delete your account so people do not inadvertently delete their entire account.  As it is no necessary to contact Spotify to cancel your billing for either Unlimited or Premium services, deleting your account entirely would only serve to delete the rest of your data, rather than just to stop billing your payment method.  I'm not sure if this answers your question, but hopefully gives you some insight.

Hi, i would like to "Delite" this spotify account,

My friend made it for me for over 2 years agow and i dont know whos hotmail he made it on so i got big problems + i made it till a Premium User by a misstake and i dont wanna pay for this one..

Thx

Hi Samon93 - No to worry, with a few detail confirmations we can sort this all out.

Keep an eye on your inbox. An email from me will be there soon.

Ya, but the problem is that its not made at my mail, its made at my friends friend mail..

Samon93 - What email address should we forward the email to? Don't worry, we'll take a note of it, then delete it from the forum. It's just so we know you'll get it.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Send it till s***************.com 

Thx

[Edit - Changed email address]

Thanks, just sent you an email. I'll delete that email address for you now.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi I would like to permanently delete my account. How do I do that immendiatley.

Wantout7 - Just get in touch with Customer Support. They'll get it sorted as soon as they can. Simply head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I appended my email on record with '.del' around two days ago like the first post suggested, and yesterday I send an account deletion request. When should I expect to actually have my account deleted?

candlehat - Just taken a look at your account. Appears to have been deleted now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi guys, i really want to cancel my sportify account. I created it through facebook, but i dont know how to do it. I already sent emails to the support group but i had no answers so far....if you could help it would be nice,^
Thanks! 

Hi everyone. Just a heads up that a few of you might get an auto response when you fill out the contact form. 

If you do, simply reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

@JoaoCoelho I can confirm your account has now been deleted. 

I want to delete my account as well and I was wondering which subject do I choose from the drop down menu?

Actually, your help section is quite horrible.

The real question: why are people getting automatic responses to come here if this is not the right place to ask for account deletion?

Suggested posts