Gig Goer
Izzy88
Accepted Solution

How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

I recently canceled my my premium subscription and would like to permanently delete my Spotify account. As expected, Spotify does not provide ANY help on how to do this. And I can not find an answer in the forums either. I have sent Spotify an e-mail with this question but from everything I have read on other websites Spotify is horrible about answering, especially when it comes to deleting the account. Anyone who knows how to go about this please reply :)

Singer
jvanderb

Re: How do I permanently delete my Spotify account?

I'm not sure if this is the standard method, but check out this post here:  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/unconnected-to-facebook/m-p/13257#M...

Sam

Izzy88 - We're not that horrible. If you'd like to delete your account, just contact Customer Support through the contact form. Just head to 'About us' above, you'll see the contact form there. They'll sort it out as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
Taka

Why do we have to contact you to delete our account? Please tell me where is the sense in that.

Singer
jvanderb

As I am not an employee of Spotify, I can not really speak from their point of view, but I would imagine that at least in part, you must contact Spotify to delete your account so people do not inadvertently delete their entire account.  As it is no necessary to contact Spotify to cancel your billing for either Unlimited or Premium services, deleting your account entirely would only serve to delete the rest of your data, rather than just to stop billing your payment method.  I'm not sure if this answers your question, but hopefully gives you some insight.

Gig Goer
samon93

Hi, i would like to "Delite" this spotify account,

My friend made it for me for over 2 years agow and i dont know whos hotmail he made it on so i got big problems + i made it till a Premium User by a misstake and i dont wanna pay for this one..

Thx

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Samon93 - No to worry, with a few detail confirmations we can sort this all out.

Keep an eye on your inbox. An email from me will be there soon.
--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Gig Goer
samon93

Ya, but the problem is that its not made at my mail, its made at my friends friend mail..

Sam

[ Edited ]

Samon93 - What email address should we forward the email to? Don't worry, we'll take a note of it, then delete it from the forum. It's just so we know you'll get it.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Gig Goer
samon93

[ Edited ]

Send it till s***************.com 

Thx

[Edit - Changed email address]

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.