Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
Maya11
Accepted Solution

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer?

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer? I am not sure which version I have but there is no 'Edit' on my spotify, only a settings icons (gears) and nothing about preferences. It only shows 'Account' "Session" and "Share on Facebook"....

Peter
Kudos: 11,625
Solutions: 3,215

Re: How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer?

Maya11 wrote:

How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer? I am not sure which version I have but there is no 'Edit' on my spotify, only a settings icons (gears) and nothing about preferences. It only shows 'Account' "Session" and "Share on Facebook"....

Hey! :)

It sounds like you have somehow gotten your hands on the desktop/web preview client rather than the full desktop client. 

Try downloading and installing the full desktop client from: 

This link for Windows

This link for Mac

And then the options will be in the expected place ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
Maya11

Re: How do you disable the automatic login and start up of Spotify when you start your computer?

THANK YOU! This solved this problem plus tons of others I was having like the screen not fitting correctly and re-organizing my playlists. YOU ROCK

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.