Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many devices can you use?

Solved!

How many devices can you use?

I'm curious if i get the Premium service if i can log on (from a mobile device) and my kids too or do they have to have a separate account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

In a legal sense, Spotify is for personal usage only and therefore each person should have their own account. According to the T&C's account holders must also be aged 13 or older. 

If you have a premium account, you can use that account on as many devices as you like, however, you can only have 1 active streaming session at any given time (ie. only 1 device can be streaming). Premium does give you the option to make playlists available offline, which you could use to download playlists and then force the client into offline mode meaning you could listen to those tracks without interrupting streaming elsewhere however that is a bit of a hassle! 

Discounted Family Subscriptions has been suggested and talked about for a long time, however there is no news yet of it being implemented. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@hansen20 - This is definitely an annoying issue. 

If you drop a reply onto this topic a member of the Spotify team will be able to reset your offline devices for you so you can start from a clean slate. You will need to resync your offline content once more but after that thankfully you should be good to rock!

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm wanting to make sure if we use Spotify it doesnt cost me $30 month as both of m boys want it too.  

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

In a legal sense, Spotify is for personal usage only and therefore each person should have their own account. According to the T&C's account holders must also be aged 13 or older. 

If you have a premium account, you can use that account on as many devices as you like, however, you can only have 1 active streaming session at any given time (ie. only 1 device can be streaming). Premium does give you the option to make playlists available offline, which you could use to download playlists and then force the client into offline mode meaning you could listen to those tracks without interrupting streaming elsewhere however that is a bit of a hassle! 

Discounted Family Subscriptions has been suggested and talked about for a long time, however there is no news yet of it being implemented. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have 3 three devices with spotify premium account - however I recently switched from an iPhone to an android one. Now I sometimes get the message I can only use 3 devices and spotify detects more then three. After the message I can restart spotify BUT on all devices my offline playlists have no songs on the local storage anymore and I have to redownload all songs, again. That's pretty annoying - what can I do (I dont have the iPhone anymore, everything was erased and the phone sold)!

Marked as solution

@hansen20 - This is definitely an annoying issue. 

If you drop a reply onto this topic a member of the Spotify team will be able to reset your offline devices for you so you can start from a clean slate. You will need to resync your offline content once more but after that thankfully you should be good to rock!

Peter

Suggested posts