Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice per month

Solved!

Charged twice per month

I have spotify in my I phone and am wondering how to get a hold of any customer service line because spotify has been charging my debit card 2 times a month and it should only be 1 time a moth!!!

493 Replies

It's possible you have two accounts - one linked to facebook and the other not. Please try using this contact form instead. You can specify the email address you want them to reply to. You should hear back within 24 hours.

Thank you.

Ok, I love spotify, but I have never seen a worse built customer service structure in my life, no phone number to call (sorry I do not want to play email tag for 2 days trying to solve a simple issue), you do not actually have a password reset button (like an actual one that sends a temp password to your email), you require us to connect to facebook, even though I am going to have to deactivate my account in a month or two (even though you told me I would not have to). 

I am posting here because I am an MBA student, and thought I would give word of the wise that a company will not last without a customer service base. I think this thread, and the other 3 threads are signs that Spotify has a serious issue. Also any Tech people in the room, you can probably build a similar company to spotify and have a better customer service base, advertise that as a key part of your company, and you will put Spotify out of business, just saying.

I for one cannot take this anymore, unless a Spotify rep wants to actually have a phone call, I am out of here.

You can reset your spotify password from any login dialogue such as this example

Screenshot - 25_03_2014 , 15_56_57.png

If you use a facebook login, you need to reset your facebook password instead, here.

No one is going to phone you by the way so, if you have any other questions, may as well ask here.

I mean, if I am paying for a service, I am going to pay for a service that has a phone line to call in for problems. I understand they never will do that, hence why I ended my spotify premium account 15 mins ago. I only said that at the end of my post to see if they really care (which they don't). So yeah BTW I love reading through these threads and all of the actual spotify support employees avoid the questions about a phone number to call. Hilarious.

That is your opinion, personally I despise telephone support - the cost of running it by far outstrips the additional cost required in my eyes.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is true for most start up companies, but when your customer base increases, as well as your revenue stream, it is going to become harder and harder to not have a telephone line, especially in the tech industry, (not sure if you do work for spotify). Customer support is a zero revenue support function of a company, it would never be profitable. Also saying that a general customer would prefer to talk to a human over the phone than over email/forum since they do not have time in most cases to wait for a reply. In Spotify's situation which they are operating at a loss and the only way to get out of that loss is to expand its customer base, I have significant doubts they will be a sustainable company function on a forum/email support basis. You are entitled to your opinion, but if Nike only made red shoes for all of those customers that like the color red, and said sorry to the rest of the customers, they would not exist today. You need to appeal to all customers.

Spotify now competes for the worst customer service around. I, too, sent the silly 'contact form' and received no reply. I also emailed. Nothing. Simply, these people don't give a rip.

@reboba7 - Can you let us know your 8-digit case number from when you got in touch? We can ask to make sure it reaches the right team for you.

Peter

I am not able to complete the contact form to send. It only allows me to choose my problem and not go any further. I am trying to subscribe on my account again, because the bank did not allow the payment to go through, because Spotify asked if my account was still open, the bank was not going to respond to that. The bank told me to have Spotify process as a payment. There is no phone# to contact at Spotify. So, I went in and tried to subscribe again and it would not let me.  I think it's ridiculous to have to go through all of this. I need someone to contact me. snipped@gmail.com

Hi @dkenoly Could you try the contact form using another browser. If that doesn't work, try this one instead. This is something which needs to be sorted out by the account staff. I removed your email address to protect your privacy.

Me too

too?

The contact form is a no-man's land. You select from the first scrolldown menu, and then the page stops functioning so that you can't actually type a message and send it. Which is why I am responding to a message you left in response to someone else's question.

The message I wanted to send is that the new version of Spotify is terrible! It looks absolutely archaic with the all-black screen and the big  plus signs instead of stars, not to mention the biggest problem. You can't see the scroll down bars. They are barely visible, because they are only two shades lighter than the black background. Someone please tell me how this is an improvement!!! There was nothing wrong with the look of the previous version, and at least it was more functional. I didn't feel like I was going blind trying to find the scroll-down bars. I seriously feel like I'm using an Atari or a Commodore 64--ridiculous!

If the contact form didn't work, you could try another browser. There's a lot of discussion about the new look here and here. If you post your thoughts in one of those threads, the staff will see them as they are watching those threads.

I have been charged without warning and am so angry, I have cancelled my spotify subscription and want to send a contact form but the wrong email is underneath. Could someone please message me back? 

Hi. If you use this contact form, you can specify the email address you want the reply sent to.

if its not one thing its another. Ive been charged twice this month.

i also made a contact form and all that other jazz and still nothing back from you guys.

@13askin - Did you get this sorted?

Peter

Suggested posts