Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am going to get rid of spotify if I can not get help

I am going to get rid of spotify if I can not get help

I have written a post in teh Android (forum) section, do I need to unistall spotify from both my pc and Android now? Because it does not work, will not let me log in to either now. I have not been able to listen to spotify on my phone for a week now. No one responded to my android question, I read and read in here, and do not get answers. My password is the same as facebook, but I had a different password originally. I do not want spotify always telling my facebook friends what I am listening to. I put it on private session. But the last few times it updats on my android it will not let me just log in with my password, so I used the one that is the same as facebook, and it worked, now not even that works on anything, my computer or android. And I search and search through the help and get no help, there is no way to contact spotify, I search that "contact spotify" nothing! I am getting really mad, I have not been able to use spotify for a week now, and think I shouldn't have to pay for it. 

Melissa Brown 

[snip! - Mod]

12 Replies

You said you had a different password originally. Does this mean you had a separate Spotify account, which you later connected to Facebook? If this is the case, log in to the Windows app using your Spotify username (not email) and the "different" password.

If you have always used Facebook details to log in, try changing your password in facebook.

I can't log into spotify with any of my normal passwords or user names. I wrote down the original, and used it last time I logged onto spotify online. Then my phone updated and said I should always connect to facebook, I don't want to always connect to facebook. Then it was the only way to log on, then it seemed my new passwords were the exact one that my facebook is, so I started using that, and now it wont even accept that, and I did change my facebook password recently. But the thing that is the most frustrating is that I even have to go through all of this, I just want to listen to music. Why did it update, and have these weird screens that make it hard to even tell how to log on....Why does every website change stuff all of the time. ? Sorry rhetorical question. But I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for soemthing I can no longer listen to, we listen to my spotify at work. I have friends whose music is on spotify. Do I need to unistall it and re install it, and lose all of my playlists. ????? change my passwords again, even though I just did? 

I am pretty sure it was always connected to facebook in answer to your question. I had to set my settings to private sessions. But I don't remember my passwords being the same. However, the last time I had to log on it was the same as my facebook. I wrote it down. I am saying that neither my phone, nor my online account will accept these user names and passwords anymore. And I have paid my bill. 

@santafebites wrote:

I am pretty sure it was always connected to facebook in answer to your question. I had to set my settings to private sessions. But I don't remember my passwords being the same. However, the last time I had to log on it was the same as my facebook. I wrote it down. I am saying that neither my phone, nor my online account will accept these user names and passwords anymore. And I have paid my bill. 

In that case, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and one of the Spotify team will be able to help you track down your accounts. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you! was that so fricken hard, why do they not just have a "contact us" at the bottom of the Spotify web page, like most all other companies of this type. 

So great, i got a robot email, and now I my pc is logged in, I have moved up 4 places in sthe stupid forum, but I still can't stay logged in to my phone, with out a facebook message coming up saying how I can better experience spotify with it's recomendations. I know what kind of music I like, i don't need that, and it doesn't even give me an option. then it logs me out and says New to spotify. After it has let me see my playlists for a minute. 

If you got an automated reply just reply directly to that message and it will go to a member of the customer services team. 

Peter

Peter

ok, I am trying that right now. thanks again. Seems like it should be easier to get help than this.....I have now not been able to log onto spotify on my phone, for about 2 weeks now. 

If you post your case number here (it will be in the first automated email reply) I will escalate it to the community staff for you as well 😉

Peter

Peter

Yeah, Ok, I just vented on my other thread. and I did reply even though it says -do not reply. 

I am very frustrated, someone on the other thread posted -perhaps it is is my phone,. 

Guess what, NOT! I was just listening to the radio via my phone all the way home on the bus. 

For your reference this is Case #: 00612452

And here is the other thread, I know it's not good forum form to have two threads, but as I have said I am very frustrated. I think I should get a free week of spotify. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Help-my-android-still-wont-let-me-stay-logged-in-to-spo...

I have asked someone to look into this for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts