Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Posting my previous instructions again in case people missed them :

1. Try disconnecting yourself in your Preferences (Mac: Spotify > Preferences | Win: Edit > Preferences). The option to disconnect will be at the bottom. [Only for users who created their account via Spotify]

2. See my thread here in case you've ended up with a duplicate account via Facebook

3. Get in touch via our contact form and our support team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello I have 

I have got somehow the account of the oesterham and my own account somehow linked when i tried logging into spotify from the community center "the oesterham " - premium account wqith my own "free"account via facebook log in. 

Now i see their playlist and mine are gone, 

Please unlink them. 

Thanks in advance

Best warm regards\Radia 

Marked as solution

Radia - Just disconnected them for you. If you do experience this again, please try the steps Richard mentions above.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

@vickibenckert wrote:

I am NOT using spotify with my account, but you tell me I am. I disconnected via Spotify AND facebook and now I can't log on ty my spotify. I need a new password but you keep telling me to use facebook. Please help!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to reset your password by entering your Spotify username (not your email address) on the password reset page.

If you can't remember your username, the issue is you have 2 accounts registered with the email address you are entering, one with Spotify and one using Facebook. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will help you gain access to your Spotify account again (and remove the duplicate account).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Can I have my Spotify disconnected from Facebook. It somehow happend and is not supposed to be.

Marked as solution

OK so my brothers facebook is linked to my spotify acount I am Eli bennion and he is Jordan bennion. Do you know how to change what acount the spotify is linked to they are my playlists

Marked as solution

did not see that it might take up to 24hours for the changes. 

Probably fixed soon.

Marked as solution

The database needs at least 24 hours to update your changes.
Så even though it has not updated yet u will see it soon. 
If not contact me, and well find a solution.
Merry Xmas

350 Replies

Hello.

I've tried something in your account now. How does it look?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have this same problem as well....

Jktaylor20 - Welcome to the Community! I've just disconnected the Facebook account connected to your Spotify. Just log in with the username 'jktaylor', and it should be fixed.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a free account on my pc, and after my friend logged into his premium account on my phone it synced his account with my facebook. I am using his login current to submit this. How can I get my free account and login back?

Nm  I figured it out after a frantic 30 mins.

sam thing has happend to me. just got premium and i want to chane it so its loggd into my facbook.

Please help!

Thanks

M

Mikmikmikjag - Sorry, would you like us to disconnect your Facebook too?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

yes please. thank you

Mikmikmikjag - All done. Just log in with the username 'mikmikmikjag' and your Spotify password.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

My daugthers Facebook account is somehow linked to my spotify account. When I disconnect Facebook under "Social", it instantly pops back to my dougthers Facebook account when i try to reactivate Facebook under "Social". My spotify account was set up well before any Facebook integration. All variants of logging out and closing down is tried, but no luck. Any ideas??

Kvasve - Not to worry, I've just disconnected that account for you. Just log in with your username 'zeppelin13', and you should be good to go.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,  I have the same problem - would you apply the same fix for me please

I have the same problem, my Spotify app, on my iPhone automatically connects to my dads facebook account. What can I do.

I have the same problem, some how my gf's facebook account is tied to my spotify.

And now she wants her own spotify account.. please help 🙂

Best reg.

Hello!

I have a premium account (not facebook), but when I did a premium account to my girlfriend (facebook) on my mac, there was a strange mix. I get on spotify right up her name, but when I go into the profile i can see all my information. There is no way to change it! And now we can not simultaneously listen to spotify!
Help please!
Thank you very much!

Salvador

Same problem here. My girlfirends Facebook somehow got connected to my Spotify. It'd be very nice of you if you could unconnect it. Thanks!

Can't you guys just go to Preferences and click "Disconnect from Facebook"? Make sure you're logged in with your username, not the Facebook info.

I wouldn't be surprised if they broke that button on purpose, they really love forcing users to have a Facebook connection.

Thanks bud! Im using Spotify mostly on my cellphone and there were no such function there but I did find it on the PC now though. Forgot it was under "Edit". So you can ignore my request, 🙂

I have done that, but she can't register her own account with her Facebook account, it's still tied to my spotify account.

Suggested posts