Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

muminmarvin - Please see the posts above. This can be done via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

You should be able to do this from inside the desktop client. Go to Edit > Preferences and press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi again. Fixed it myself.

have the same problem. some how my account is connected to my friends email. how do i disconnect it? can you help me?

@Ekan82 wrote:

have the same problem. some how my account is connected to my friends email. how do i disconnect it? can you help me?

Your account doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook at all at the moment - are you sure about this?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have a premium account that I would like to change to a different facebook account. How can I do this?

Melissavincent - We'll be able to move your playlists and Premium over to another account if you wish. Just contact customer support here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a Spotify account (1131222201) and I want unlink this because I don´t want to use facebook. I have a Premium account and I want to change this Premium on a other account ( for example on this account ) "spopiale".

Thanks

Hi, my account, is also connected to the wrong facebook account - I don't know how it happened though...

Found a way to correct it, sorry for the unneeded post.

It would be helpful if the people who have found solutions could post them, that way we could all change it...

My sister decided to link my spotify account to her facebook, as I had recently purchased a month worth of premium. However my spotify is now full of her friends playlists (they're 15 so JB and One Direction are everywhere). I've tried deleting the spotify app from her facebook and logging in myself, but her name and picture are still in the top right hand corner.

I'd appreciate any help 

Amy1910 - Don't worry, I've just disconnected them for you. If this happens again, you can disconnect and connect your Facebook account at will from your 'Preferences' menu in your Spotify. This is under 'Edit' on Windows or 'Spotify' on a Mac.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, I have the same problem, could you fix it for me too? 🙂

Hi hawerine - Have you already tried the steps in this post? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Wrong-Facebook-attached-to-my-account/td-...

You should be able to sort that out right away. 

Hi.

I have my little sisters facebook profile linked to my spotify somehow and I want it to be linked to MINE.

Is there anyway to fix this!?

I pay for the premium monthly too...

Josieweberrr - I've just disconnected them for you. If it happens again, just follow the steps either Meredith or I mention above.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am NOT using spotify with my account, but you tell me I am. I disconnected via Spotify AND facebook and now I can't log on ty my spotify. I need a new password but you keep telling me to use facebook. Please help!

Marked as solution

@vickibenckert wrote:

I am NOT using spotify with my account, but you tell me I am. I disconnected via Spotify AND facebook and now I can't log on ty my spotify. I need a new password but you keep telling me to use facebook. Please help!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to reset your password by entering your Spotify username (not your email address) on the password reset page.

If you can't remember your username, the issue is you have 2 accounts registered with the email address you are entering, one with Spotify and one using Facebook. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will help you gain access to your Spotify account again (and remove the duplicate account).

Peter

Peter

Oh....!  But wouldn't it be great if it said somewhere on the page that  you should enter you username if you want to avoid getting tangled up in the old Facebook spider web? 

BTW, if you don't work for Spotify, how come you know I have 2 accounts linked to my e mail address? Just curious...

Just a guess from me, it is one of the most common issues that I come accross on the community. 😛

Peter

Peter

I have the wrong facebook account liked to my spotify account. How do I unconnect the facebook account from my spotify account?

Suggested posts