Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm connecting to random people

I'm connecting to random people

I'm having recently a LOT of problems with Spotify.

Right now someone played a music on my computer. Someone RANDOM!. A music that I never listen to. This happened few times during the last 2 weeks.

Few days ago I was connected to someone else's phone. Also I was controlling someone else's iPad. 

What the hell is going on Spotify ?!? Please, this is a major issue!

I even was NOT connected to Wi-Fi, when someone changed my music on my Nexus 5. I was listening to a radio station while driving in a different city.

I have some proofs, of course.

"Paurvi's MacBook pro" is unknown to me.

"iPad di Ernesto" - too!!!

I've never played "Booba" artist.

There were few others. Randomly I open Spotify app and see Radio stations that I _never_ listened to. Never.

I tried disconnecting all devices, deleted all my playlists, but these problems still occur.

2014-10-26 09.10.44.png
2014-10-25 10.51.45.png
2014-10-25 10.53.38.png
30 Replies

Hello 🙂 if i was you i would probably change the password of your spotify account and delete the device from this

https://www.spotify.com/pl/account/offline-devices/

settings 🙂

good luck. hope this won't happen to you again.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Thanks, just changed my password. However, I already deleted the "offline devices" and now there are two more. I don't see how anyone would've guessed my e-mail and password in order to login as me, but still - I've changed it.

I think the problem is much bigger. Somehow I'm connected to some random people, no idea how this can happen at all.

Hey @kkazakov

That's not good to read at all.

Just to check, are you having this trouble on a home or a work connection?

It's not ideal but does the steps here help: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Let us know.

I'm having this on my:

a) wi-fi home connection

b) wired work connection

c) mobile connection

Already tried everything related to cleaning data. What I haven't tried yet is changing account. Which I will do, if this thing happens again. Just not happy at all.

I love spotify, but this is driving me nuts.

I've changed my password, just logged in on Nexus 5. Immediately I was controlling someone else's device!!! 

Spotify! This is a MAJOR issue! 

Screenshot_2014-10-31-22-25-11.png

Seriously this is weird as fuark 😄

Can you please contact the technical support of spotify? This need to be solved. 

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Thanks for your patience @kkazakov

Just to check, since when have these troubles been occurring? For example, is it since a certain update that's caused this.

Let us know and we'll investigate further our end.

This is happening since 2-2.5 weeks. Recently - more often. Doesn't matter on which device. There were few days, when I haven't used spotify on my phone, but on desktop. Still - there were problems. It's not device-dependent.

Sorry, I'm not getting any response. I'm forced to remove my account and create another one with different e-mail. That's very unprofessional from Spotify, but I just can't keep using it that way.

If I'm having problems, will try to write here again

Did you try the sign out everywhere button on your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Spotify Connect is account based (works on any connection) so it definitely does look like someone else is using your account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did this, changed my password, and whatever else, but STILL I got connected to someone else's devices. Also I've got controlled several times from random people.

This got annoying so much that I changed my account. I'm even now testing Google Play All Access, they have the same music selection and I'm not sure I want to stay with Spotify after such headache.

I'm having the same exact problem. Change passwords etc. They're still connecting.

That's the sole reason I've moved to Google Music All Access a month ago.

@Jlatham wrote:
I'm having the same exact problem. Change passwords etc. They're still connecting.

Yep.  Same things been happening to me on-and-off for two months.  Me and some other *dude (I think?) in my building will often get in wars of playing the worst possible music on the other persons stuff.  Its funny...for like a minute, and then its pretty lame.  Seriously, Spotify.  Fix this.

Hey guys!

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Same thing is happening to me. It's really annoying. Why the **bleep** would I want to connect to anyone else device? Give us an option to turn off connect or I'm going to Google music.

I've quit Spotify long time ago. Now using Google Music All Access and having no issues whatsoever. Sorry Spotify.

Contacted support team several times, the only response was to post into community. What a piece of crap ...

@kkazakov 

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it and tell them the community did not solve your problem.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same thing is happening to me. The round speaker symbol is green and my account says I am connected to someone else's iPad. I can hear their music and I am assuming when I assume control on my device, I can control their music. This is really bad! Has a solution for this been found yet?

Suggested posts